Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cap Room Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I believe we started the season with around the 4th most money to spend around 75-77m(?) 

I'm absolutely craptastic at knowing how to calculate cap room but is anyone able to possibly keep a running tally or up to date figures after our acquisitions? 

That number has gone up with the recent releases.  They spent nearly $50 million against the cap this year with the new signings today.

Quote:That number has gone up with the recent releases. They spent nearly $50 million against the cap this year with the new signings today.
is that all we are spending with our whole roster? So we have 112 mil left, or is that 50 just what we have left?
Quote:is that all we are spending with our whole roster? So we have 112 mil left, or is that 50 just what we have left?

We had about $80 after​ cutting Marks. So we spent $50ish today, leaves us with around $30
Quote:We had about $80 after​ cutting Marks. So we spent $50ish today, leaves us with around $30
gotcha.
I think we had 75 including marks so

-Cambell 15 =60

-Bouye 14 =46

-Church 6 =40

- Albert ?

-Walters 2 =38

So Idk if they restructured Albert but just subtract whatever he makes from 38
Quote:I think we had 75 including marks so

-Cambell 15 =60

-Bouye 14 =46

-Church 6 =40

- Albert ?

-Walters 2 =38

So Idk if they restructured Albert but just subtract whatever he makes from 38

So if it's somewhere under 38, just seeing who we got today I think it'd be safe to say we're done big spending. After signing draft picks, are we looking at a possible dangerous situation for resigning people later? 
I think we'll start looking at 2nd to 3rd tier offensive lineman tonight and tomorrow. Guys like DJ Fluker, Russell Okung & possibly an older guy like Nick Mangold & Ryan Clady might get some decent offers. Fluker I think you could kick inside to G.

Okung might be able to play RT along with Clady too if they feel Parnell isn't really that good. Mangold at C could be a bargain deal because it may give us the option to move Linder back over to LG. It just depends.

Not really seeing much out there FB and TE wise that I think our worth a whole lot. Maybe Jared Cook? Luke Wilson? 

Ya add McCray at 3.5 so now we are down to 34.5 so with Albert at 12 (?) We would be at 22
One question though, when do we extend Telvin? And how much will that cost?

Linder, Arob, and Telvin are FA's next yr. Hope to see at least Linder extended. 

Quote:So if it's somewhere under 38, just seeing who we got today I think it'd be safe to say we're done big spending. After signing draft picks, are we looking at a possible dangerous situation for resigning people later?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/'>http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/cap/</a>

According to this site, I believe our $78 was after the draft pick allotments.

Also keep in mind. Malik has a $15.5 million cap hit this year and I think that goes down a decent amount next year, plus the rising cap. All the cap sites seem to be overloaded right now so I can't find the specifics on Malik
Quote:Linder, Arob, and Telvin are FA's next yr. Hope to see at least Linder extended.

Idk if we can even afford to extend all three now
Quote:Linder, Arob, and Telvin are FA's next yr. Hope to see at least Linder extended. 

Yeah, that's the problem. For the longest time, this team was "lucky" in that, they drafted so horrendously, there were no homegrown players to extend. Now, even though this is still a bad team, there are some drafted players worth keeping. I don't think this team will have so much cap space to work with in future years. There won't be a cap mess, but the days of $75 million in space are likely over. 
Quote:Yeah, that's the problem. For the longest time, this team was "lucky" in that, they drafted so horrendously, there were no homegrown players to extend. Now, even though this is still a bad team, there are some drafted players worth keeping. I don't think this team will have so much cap space to work with in future years. There won't be a cap mess, but the days of $75 million in space are likely over. 
It won't be an issue unless Blake miraculously turns into a franchise QB. If we are having to shell out what in 2 years will probably have to be a 30 mil/yr deal for a QB then we'll have to start making some tough choices. 
Quote:Idk if we can even afford to extend all three now
Not worried at all. Next year guys like Lewis, Poz, Skuta, Ivory, Henne, Miller etc. will probably be gone.  Those 6 alone would give us enough to resign Linder, Smith, and ARob
The cap has been going up about 10 million per year. So we should have at least 30 million without cutting anyone.
Quote:Not worried at all. Next year guys like Lewis, Poz, Skuta, Ivory, Henne, Miller etc. will probably be gone.  Those 6 alone would give us enough to resign Linder, Smith, and ARob
just hope we extend them before letting them test free agency.
Quote:Not worried at all. Next year guys like Lewis, Poz, Skuta, Ivory, Henne, Miller etc. will probably be gone. Those 6 alone would give us enough to resign Linder, Smith, and ARob

Yup. We'll be fine. But don't forget we need to extend Lee as well. I'm kind of hoping we extend Lee now for cheaper
Quote:Yup. We'll be fine. But don't forget we need to extend Lee as well. I'm kind of hoping we extend Lee now for cheaper
Id like to see him play another full season
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5