Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who Would You Cut/Keep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
DEFENSE:

Keep: Telvin Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks, Davon House, Aaron Colvin, Jared Odrick, Dan Skuta

Depth: Paul Posluszny(maybe?), Ryan Davis, Roy Miller, Michael Bennett, Josh Evans, Sample

Cut: Tyson Alualu, Andre Branch, Chris Clemons, Chris Smith, Abry Jones, Demetrius McCray, Sergio Brown, Armbrister, Cyprien, Loston, Gratz, 

OFFENSE/ST:

Keep: AR15, Hurns, Bortles, Thomas, Greene, Lee, Denard, Yeldon, Linder, Cann, Parnell

Depth: Clay Harbor, Bryan Walters, Bowanko

Cut: Gerhart, Marcedes Lewis, Beadles, Joeckel, Wisniewski, Sam Young, Bernard Pierce, Henne, Jason Myers

I think I did it right... maybe.

Cutting three starting offensive linemen in one offseason?  I'm not overly thrilled with the O-line, either, but I think that would be a dramatic hit.  You would virtually guarantee a left tackle in the first round.

Quote:DEFENSE:

Keep: Telvin Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks, Davon House, Aaron Colvin, Jared Odrick, Dan Skuta

Depth: Paul Posluszny(maybe?), Ryan Davis, Roy Miller, Michael Bennett, Josh Evans, Sample

Cut: Tyson Alualu, Andre Branch, Chris Clemons, Chris Smith, Abry Jones, Demetrius McCray, Sergio Brown, Armbrister, Cyprien, Loston, Gratz, 

OFFENSE/ST:

Keep: AR15, Hurns, Bortles, Thomas, Greene, Lee, Denard, Yeldon, Linder, Cann, Parnell

Depth: Clay Harbor, Bryan Walters, Bowanko

Cut: Gerhart, Marcedes Lewis, Beadles, Joeckel, Wisniewski, Sam Young, Bernard Pierce, Henne, Jason Myers

But Henne's mustache makes for great Gifs
Quote:Cutting three starting offensive linemen in one offseason?  I'm not overly thrilled with the O-line, either, but I think that would be a dramatic hit.  You would virtually guarantee a left tackle in the first round.

Yeah, I think any change would be a bit more gradual. I don't really see the purpose in cutting young players on cheap rookie contracts. They may not be good starters but I think there's quite a few players on that cut list that would be decent backups at least.
On defense, keep everybody, get a bad nasty pass rusher on one side, to pair with bad nasty fowler on the other side.  defense fixed.

Quote:Cutting three starting offensive linemen in one offseason?  I'm not overly thrilled with the O-line, either, but I think that would be a dramatic hit.  You would virtually guarantee a left tackle in the first round.
But they're so bad.........
???

What had Henne done the last 20 weeks to make you think he is incapable of being our backup QB?

I'm certainly not a Joeckel fan, but you got an alternative?

You gonna cut Alualu, Chris Smith, Cyprien, McCray? And replace with what?
I'm doubtful that you can replace 20 players in an off-season without repeating the experiences of the previous two seasons. I think it's more likely that they add another 8-12 guys through draft and FA. Especially something like replacing LT with an upgrade probably only happen if you take one early in round one, when you probably need defense again there IMO.
Quote:On defense, keep everybody, get a bad nasty pass rusher on one side, to pair with bad nasty fowler on the other side.  defense fixed.
This defense is awful. LB's, Safeties, and DL are terribad.
Quote:On defense, keep everybody, get a bad nasty pass rusher on one side, to pair with bad nasty fowler on the other side.  defense fixed.

Only 1 of 3 of our LBs are OK
Quote:???

What had Henne done the last 20 weeks to make you think he is incapable of being our backup QB?

I'm certainly not a Joeckel fan, but you got an alternative?

You gonna cut Alualu, Chris Smith, Cyprien, McCray? And replace with what?
I hate Henne. You can replace Alualu and Smith with literally anyone. A cucumber could play better football than Cyprien and McCray.
Defense:

Keep: Telvin Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks, Davon House, Aaron Colvin, Jared Odrick, Dan Skuta, Roy Miller, James Sample

Depth: Tyson Alualu, Ryan Davis, Michael Bennett, Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien, Poz, Chris Smith, Abry Jones

Cut: Andre Branch, Chris Clemons, Bubblegum Gratz, Craig Loston, Brown, McCray, Armbrister

Offense:

Keep: Allen Robinson, Blake Bortles, Allen Hurns, Julius Thomas, Rashad Greene, Marqise Lee, Denard Robinson, Brandon Linder, T.J. Yeldon, A.J. Cann, Joeckel

Depth: Harbor, Walters, Bowanko, Parnell

Cut: Lewis, Gerhart, Beadles, Wisniewski, Young, Pierce, Henne

Special Teams:

Keep: Carson Tinker, Bryan Anger

Cut: Jason Myers

Coaches:

Cut: Gus Bradley, Defensive Staff, Greg Olson

Keep: Doug Marrone

Quote:Defense:

Keep: Telvin Smith, Sen'Derrick Marks, Davon House, Aaron Colvin, Jared Odrick, Dan Skuta, Roy Miller, James Sample

Depth: Tyson Alualu, Ryan Davis, Michael Bennett, Josh Evans, Johnathan Cyprien, Poz, Chris Smith, Abry Jones

Cut: Andre Branch, Chris Clemons, Bubblegum Gratz, Craig Loston, Brown, McCray, Armbrister

Offense:

Keep: Allen Robinson, Blake Bortles, Allen Hurns, Julius Thomas, Rashad Greene, Marqise Lee, Denard Robinson, Brandon Linder, T.J. Yeldon, A.J. Cann, Joeckel

Special Teams:

Coaches:

Why would you get rid of Olson?  The offense is clearly improved.
Quote:DEFENSE:

Poz as depth?  Naw, just cut him.  You want to cut Alualu, but keep Josh Evans?  LOL...  Evans is a bigger liability on this team than Alualu.

Also, nobody besides Telvin Smith has shown any real ability in this defense.  Might as well cut them all and start over again.  Maybe one day we'll draft 11 HOF players that will make this soft zone defense look amazing.
Quote:Only 1 of 3 of our LBs are OK
Yeah, we need a young poz at ILB
Quote:Defense:

Offense:

Special Teams:

Coaches:

This is probably the best option. I'm just tired of having bums on the roster, even if they're only good for depth.
That's good Jaguars...

I think that list is pretty close to what I'd do.

A couple of questions, though:

Would Marrone be the head coach under your scenario?

If so, what defensive scheme would you expect to run 4-3 or 3-4?

Quote:Poz as depth?  Naw, just cut him.  You want to cut Alualu, but keep Josh Evans?  LOL...  Evans is a bigger liability on this team than Alualu.

Also, nobody besides Telvin Smith has shown any real ability in this defense.  Might as well cut them all and start over again.  Maybe one day we'll draft 11 HOF players that will make this soft zone defense look amazing.
Josh Evans is good at tackling, Alualu does absolutely nothing... at all...ever.

Poz is a leader and could be useful in the redzone and for the run defense. 
Quote:That's good Jaguars...

I think that list is pretty close to what I'd do.

A couple of questions, though:

Would Marrone be the head coach under your scenario?

If so, what defensive scheme would you expect to run 4-3 or 3-4?
I would like to see Marrone be the new offensive coordinator, he was the OC for Saints from 2006 to 2008 and i would like to see what he could do. Maybe get Payton to come here to be head coach. I would expect a strict 4-3 to be run, not the hybrid Seahawks defense.
Quote:I hate Henne. You can replace Alualu and Smith with literally anyone. A cucumber could play better football than Cyprien and Gratz.
Fixed it for you.
Pages: 1 2