Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gus Wins!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Battle of the worst coach in the league. Gus vs MM. Good loss Gus, maybe this loss along with the rest of the losses this season can help you get fired! Worst D in franchise history
What makes you think losing a game is a win for Gus? Only winning a game is a win for the coach. That is obvious.

Oh boy!!!!!

Quote:Battle of the worst coach in the league. Gus vs MM. Good loss Gus, maybe this loss along with the rest of the losses this season can help you get fired! Worst D in franchise history
Gus and Chip Kelly haven't squared off yet. Mike Pettine might give them a run for their money as well, and you can't have a "worst head coaches" discussion without bringing up Jay Gruden and Jim Tomsula.
Jim Caldwell.

I have a sinking feeling the Gus Bus will be allowed to continue in 2016. Sadly the team will get better because of the skill play and their development. Going to be tough being a fan.
I want Mike Tomlin... Too bad that'll never happen.

Quote:Battle of the worst coach in the league. Gus vs MM. Good loss Gus, maybe this loss along with the rest of the losses this season can help you get fired! Worst D in franchise history

I understand your point, but I don't entirely agree with it. MM is just a coach and same as Gus. The common denominator here is the Jaguars franchise. I'm not being an apoligist here, just a realist. What did we see today?

1. 5 BB TDs.

2. Horrible pass rush that over persued and gave Mariotta running room.

3. Allen Robinson is incredible. He's beyond incredible. He's elite. The defense even knew it was gonig to him and he still catches that darn ball.

4. We screwed up by letting Scobee go. The Myers project is done.

5. Oderick is just not that good. And without Marks he's barely serviceable.

6. Keep keep, keep House.

7. We have two awesome LBs in [BLEEP] and Smith.

8. Are offense is high octane in the passing game. We score quick but clock manage horribly due to...

9. ...Lack of a run game. Yeldon is scraping by. When it matters he's a dud.

10. The coaching staff could not overcome all the hits and misses from this young team.

So this arguement has no merit. This game is a strong indicator of what's to come. The Jaguars are so darn close to being complete a playoff contender. I know for a fact someone of you are shaking your head and interpretting this as an apologist kind of way, or teal kool-aid fanboy sort of thing. This is a holy cow Allen Robinson is better than I thought. Blake is locking down on him. Holy cow, why is our run game so bad? Come on can we not keep a rookie from torching our defense? I recognize the pieces are almost there. But as is we are not there until we get a our key healthy players back. Bortles is on his way to 30+ maybe even 40+ in his second year.

Come on guys there are some positives here!
Quote:Gus and Chip Kelly haven't squared off yet. Mike Pettine might give them a run for their money as well, and you can't have a "worst head coaches" discussion without bringing up Jay Gruden and Jim Tomsula.

LOL chip Kelly?!? Really?!? He would score 60 points on Gus D. FYI, Jay gruden is a damn good coach. About to win the division after benching RG3 FYI
Quote:I have a sinking feeling the Gus Bus will be allowed to continue in 2016. Sadly the team will get better because of the skill play and their development. Going to be tough being a fan.

People who think like that are not true Jaguars fans.
Quote:People who think like that are not true Jaguars fans.
Go home, Jdub. You are drunk.
Quote:Go home, Jdub. You are drunk.

I don't drink.

Seriously, why does anyone call himself a Jaguars fan and want the team to lose? If you hate the coach you are not a fan.
Quote:I don't drink.

Seriously, why does anyone call himself a Jaguars fan and want the team to lose? If you hate the coach you are not a fan.
Have you ever had a pet that you loved very dearly, with every fiber of your being? Did that pet ever get to a point late in its life where you could tell that its quality of life was in the toilet, it was in constant pain and miserable, but the powers that be flatly refused to put the animal out of its misery?

That's kind of how I feel about our Jaguars right now.

Anyone who wants Bradley here, wants the team to lose...therefore apologist aren't jag fans. 
Quote:Anyone who wants Bradley here, wants the team to lose...therefore apologist aren't jag fans. 

Anyone who wants the team to lose is not a Jaguars fan.
Quote:Anyone who wants the team to lose is not a Jaguars fan.
Show me one post in this thread from someone expressly hoping that the Jaguars lose games.

Wanting Gus gone and wanting to lose out are not the same thing. Even still, there are times where it's to a team's advantage to lose, and I can hardly fault someone who wants to lose games this year for (1.) a better draft pick and (2.) a better coach--things which would make us better next year.

far from true....I have more allegiance to Jacksonville and the Jaguars than Gus does.......he needs to go. bottom line
Quote:Anyone who wants the team to lose is not a Jaguars fan.
You rooted for the Broncos 2 years ago against the Jags.... So you're not a Jaguars fan.
Quote:You rooted for the Broncos 2 years ago against the Jags.... So you're not a Jaguars fan.
oh....the contradiction lol
Quote:Have you ever had a pet that you loved very dearly, with every fiber of your being? Did that pet ever get to a point late in its life where you could tell that its quality of life was in the toilet, it was in constant pain and miserable, but the powers that be flatly refused to put the animal out of its misery?

That's kind of how I feel about our Jaguars right now.

Thanks for summarizing my point.  And I have one count them one NFL team I even follow J-Dub.  Keep your dang crude about what kinda of fan I am to yourself.  I want wins and I'm realist this year and have recognized all along this wasn't going to be the year.  I don't like the head coach and the game plan.  I love the team.
Pages: 1 2