Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The last 4th down.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Terrible play call.. They knew the overload blitz was coming why not throw a screen to Yeldon or and short dump off pass to beat the blitz ?  I don't get it that was terrible.

Less than a minute left. No timeouts. We needed as many yards as possible to get into field goal range. Why call a screen pass?

well he shoulda called something at the line that the ball got snaped and he just instantly threw it IMO that was the problem, he tried to do his little bortles dance in the pocket and get loose and there was no way that was going down when they were bringing everything including hte kitchen sink at him.

Couldaa shouldaa wouldaaa didn't.
I don't know why the Jags are so scared to call a RB screen. Makes no sense whatsoever.
No hot read what so ever.  Terrible!  Just plain terrible.

You know with all the blitzes defenses throw at us, you'd think we would call a screen. We could easily burn defenses for 30+ yards or take it to the house with Denard running it. All of them were at the LOS waiting to rip through the OLine, so i'm not sure why we didn't have a designed play to get 4 yards if they're rushing 8...

If Bortles gets a pass off, we score. Game over.

The middle of the field was wide open.
Quote:Less than a minute left. No timeouts. We needed as many yards as possible to get into field goal range. Why call a screen pass?
Because its 4th down and the are sending the house .. Common sense he will not have enough time to throw.. 
Quote:I don't know why the Jags are so scared to call a RB screen. Makes no sense whatsoever.
It's maddening really!  Yeldon would kill.
Quote:If Bortles gets a pass off, we score. Game over.

The middle of the field was wide open.
Well in this case he should have just chunked it.. it was 4th down...Man that game pissed me off!
I tell ya what really should have happened. Our darn kicker needed to NOT MISS two extra points. Because of the first miss we had to go for a two pointer and failed. That's 3 points that we could've had. We lost by 3! Hello?

Quote:Because its 4th down and the are sending the house .. Common sense he will not have enough time to throw.. 

When did I say we had no time to throw? I said it would be stupid to throw a screen pass because that gets us nowhere.
Quote:I tell ya what really should have happened. Our darn kicker needed to NOT MISS two extra points. Because of the first miss we had to go for a two pointer and failed. That's 3 points that we could've had. We lost by 3! Hello?

And that would not be so bad if we had a center who could snap. But I agree we need a new kicker.
Quote:When did I say we had no time to throw? I said it would be stupid to throw a screen pass because that gets us nowhere.

A screen would have been perfect wit an all out blitz... nobody on the edge to cover the screen.
I said the same thing to my friend ha. Blitz is coming throw screen! I can't blame Bortles though. The defense lost us the game
Quote:And that would not be so bad if we had a center who could snap. But I agree we need a new kicker.
Obviously your football I.Q. is lacking.
It was on Bortles. Held the ball to long, have to get rid of it.
Quote:It was on Bortles. Held the ball to long, have to get rid of it.
There was nobody to get rid of it to because it was a  bad play call.
Quote:There was nobody to get rid of it to because it was a bad play call.

Have to give someone a chance. The worst thing to do was to take a sack.
Pages: 1 2