Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gerhart to IR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/673196797897089024

He's probably done in Jacksonville.

Don't understand the move. Can anyone tell me the financial impact of keeping VS. Releasing him from the team.
Quote:Don't understand the move. Can anyone tell me the financial impact of keeping VS. Releasing him from the team.
Gerhart is a vested veteran. That means his salary became guaranteed when he was part of the active roster in Week 1. Releasing him would present virtually no savings on the salary cap and might in fact bring about a higher cap number because of dead money.

With Gerhart on IR you open up a spot on the active roster to maybe get some new talent to evaluate and you keep to rights to Gerhart and enable him to compete for a roster spot next offseason. 
#NoChampionship
Just cut him and get it over with

Who???

He's been cut since the London game. They just haven't made it official yet. He's not guaranteed anymore money beyond this year so he can get a head start on cleaning out his locker.
and nothing of value was lost.

Quote:He's been cut since the London game. They just haven't made it official yet. He's not guaranteed anymore money beyond this year so he can get a head start on cleaning out his locker.
This. Thursday night vs the titans was his last time putting on a jaguar uniform.
Cheers to that!!
Another 3 million for our war chest.
Thank god.. Let that loser go after the season..
So long Slowby :thumbsup:

Quote:Don't understand the move. Can anyone tell me the financial impact of keeping VS. Releasing him from the team.

You can't cut an injured player.
I think you-all are being harsh...

I believe he can still do a job for the Jags. I mean, who fills up the Gatorade cooler?

What will we do without the 40 yards he's carried for this year and that 2.2 Yards per Run?

Quote:and nothing of value was lost.
Beat me to it.
Quote:You can't cut an injured player.

Sure you can.  It just means he'll be injured twice.  Badum Tsss!

Thank you!  Thank you!  I'll be here all week.
Quote:Sure you can.  It just means he'll be injured twice.  Badum Tsss!

Thank you!  Thank you!  I'll be here all week.
[Image: tumblr_n8mxq9Ceek1trb2eyo1_250.jpg]
And then I went on with my life.
Pages: 1 2