Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 13 Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This rematch in Tennessee truly is a must win game for the Jaguars if they are to have any post season hope. Here's who I predict to end up as each team's seven inactives for week 13...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

WR Allen Hurns

LB Dan Skuta

RB Toby Gerhart
WR Rashad Lawrence

WR Bryan Walters

RB Bernard Pierce

C Luke Bowanko

DT Michael Bennet

Hurns, Skuta and Gerhart are declared out this week. Walters and Pierce are game time decisions, and the decisions on these two affect which players are inactive. If Walters plays then Sterling would sit, but Walters did not practice at all last week with a back injury which usually means a player is missing the game. Sterling was held out early in the week as he getting over an illness, but practiced in full on Friday. It looks like the four active WRs for this game will be Robinson, Lee, Greene and Sterling. If Pierce plays then Banyard would sit, but Pierce did not practice Thursday or Friday with a lingering calf injury. It looks like the active RBs will be Yeldon, DRob and Banyard.

Bowanko appears to be the healthy OL scratch yet again unless they opt to sit Shatley instead this week.  The final scratch gets tricky. I was thinking Nick Marshall who might sit if Walters plays, but with Walters out I think they'd want Marshall in there as a returns option. There's a slight chance Marcedes ankle might still be bugging him on gameday as he did not practice until Friday, however he is listed as probable. So they're probably scratching a healthy DL. Last week they played Chris Smith who looked good against the Chargers, and in his place sat Michael Bennett who was listed as probable overcoming a hamstring. This week Bennett was not even listed on the report, although I'm going out on a limb and predicting they do the same as last week.

This means several players who were not active two weeks ago on Thursday night should play this week including Nic Jacobs, Nick Marshall, Joe Banyard and Chris Smith, plus Marquis Lee and Neal Sterling probably have a much bigger role.

TITANS INACTIVES

RB Dexter McCluster

DL Mike Martin

LB Derrick Morgan

FS Marquistan Huff

WR Andrew Turzilli

RT Jeremiah Poutasi

RB David Cobb

McCluster and Martin are declared out. Morgan is a gametime decision but it doesn't look good for him. DB Marquistan Huff is listed as questionable and is a game time decision with a hamstring after being limited in practice for Friday's walk-through and not practicing earlier in the week. If Huff plays then I'm thinking CB Cody Riggs is inactive instead.

This leaves three healthy scratches for the Titans. WR Andrew Turzilli is very likely to sit again along with backup RT Jeremiah Poutasi. Again it comes down to a tricky final healthy scratch. With Sankey playing this week, I'm going with Cobb as the final scratch.

Of note, the undrafted free agent G Quinton Spain, who was inactive in the last game, is getting his second straight start in this game. Hopefully Roy Miller can take advantage of the rookie although he's still getting over his own knee injury. Other key player who the Jaguars did not face two weeks ago but will see this week are WR Kenny Wright, RB Bishop Sankey, CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson and NT Al Woods.

You have Pierce listed as a WR instead of as a RB.

Also why is Bowanko always inactive? so much for him being the "6th man" or "off the pine Oline go to guy"

Quote:You have Pierce listed as a WR instead of as a RB.

Also why is Bowanko always inactive? so much for him being the "6th man" or "off the pine Oline go to guy"

Thanks ...I edited Pierce.

On Bowanko it's just a numbers game. They're always going to have an OL as a healthy scratch unless they happen to have a slew of injured players that week. The Jaguars currently  have three guys representing their OL depth in Luke Bowanko, Tyler Shatley and Sam Young, although Young is only one they're confident can play the OT position so he's been active every week just in case. Bowanko has been getting some outside reps to learn the OT spot, but he's still a raw developmental player there. This leaves a decition between Shatley and Bowanko, and I guess they just like Shatley more as that go-to guy inside.

As expected, Allen Hurns was ruled out. So was Toby Gerhart (groin) and Dan Skuta (foot).

I got this from "Eighteen things to know about the Week 13 injury report." That article says Hurns is our "most prolific receiver." Um, doesn't Allen Robinson have more catches and yards?

Quote:As expected, Allen Hurns was ruled out. So was Toby Gerhart (groin) and Dan Skuta (foot).

I got this from "Eighteen things to know about the Week 13 injury report." That article says Hurns is our "most prolific receiver." Um, doesn't Allen Robinson have more catches and yards?

Well most prolific doesn't mean productive...
Quote:Well most prolific doesn't mean productive...

It kind of does, although it's a little more descriptive as it relates to human activity...

<p style="margin-left:40px;"><span><span>2.</span></span> producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive:

<div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"><span><span>a prolific writer</span></span>

</div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

This makes me think a higher yards per catch average would be more prolific, but then again ARob wins this too.

Quote:It kind of does, although it's a little more descriptive as it relates to human activity...

<div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">2. producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive:

<div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;">a prolific writer

</div>
<p style="margin-left:40px;"> 

This makes me think a higher yards per catch average would be more prolific, but then again ARob wins this too.

</div>

That's what I thought. Using that definition, Allen Robinson is our most prolific receiver (with Allen Hurns not too far behind). But I have no idea who has more YPC.
I'm excited to see Lee and Greene in a more active role.
As an update, with Toby Gerhart now on IR I'm expecting the newly added WR Rashad Lawrence to replace him on the 7-man inactive list for this game.

I doubt Walters will be inactive lol.

Quote:I doubt Walters will be inactive lol.
He didn't practice at all this week and he's "questionable" on the injury report,  but..... I think he'll be a game-time decision. 
Quote:I doubt Walters will be inactive lol.

He might play. I said he'd be inactive in the last game and he played.

Two things lead me to think he won't though. First, he didn't practice at all. You'd like to see him at least limited in the final practice, which btw was the case with the Titans FS Huff who I'm thinking still won't play. Second, Gus had some nice words to say about Sterling this week, and I've noticed he tends to do that when a guy normally inactive is about to play. Sterling practiced in full on Friday, although the past week and early this week had been sitting out with a cold or something. Since Sterling is also "questionable," I get the feeling it's one or the other who will be active... Sterling or Walters... but the signs seem to point more towards Sterling being the active guy. It will probably come down to how Walters back is feeling on Sunday.

So Walters is active, and since he is they didn't need Marshall today. I mentioned that possibility although I was thinking Sterling would be inactive if Walters played, although he's active as well with Marshall out. I was kind of hoping Chris Smith might finally get some time after being active last week and playing well, but he's back on the inactive list with Bennett active.

For the Titans, G Jamon Merideth is inactive instead of RT Jeremiah Poutasi, CB Cody Riggs is inactive instead of FS Marquistan Huff, and DE Ropati Piloltua is inactive instead of RB David Cobb. Huff was a gameday decision, and I did mention that RIggs would sit if he played.

WE NEED A NEW HEAD COACH

Quote:IM AN IDIOT AND I LIKE TO USE CAPS