Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots Dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wow.. I was a huge STP fan (and still am of the older stuff)

Probably an overdose.. Dude was a huge heroine head.. Was sad because when he did clean himself up, his music kinda flopped.. But when he first started out (but unfortunately was on drugs) his music totally rocked.. Some bands and artists are like that though..

Big Empty, Wicked Garden, Interstate Lovesong, Superman Silvergun, Army Ants, Vasoline, Kitchenware and Candy Bars, Meat Plow..

Jeeze.. Dude put out some awesome music..

RIP..
To be honest, my first impression when I read that headline was "I'm surprised he made it this long." Guy was an incredible frontman with a lot of talent. He just couldn't shake his demons.

I hope he's found peace.

STP is and has been in heavy rotation on the iPod.

R.I.P. Scotty

WOW, sad. I was a fan of theirs too back in the day. 

Quote:WOW, sad. I was a fan of theirs too back in the day. 

Definitely. I don't often venture outside my wheelhouse (acid jazz/fusion) but even I liked STP.

RIP.
STP was real good and could have gotten into the all time great influential grunge bands but Weiland screwed all that up with his addiction, cancellation of shows & tours, and ultimately the premature breakup of the band.  

IMO it's Nirvana & Peal Jam at the top of the 90s most influential grunge bands, with STP falling in that secondary category with soundgarden, smashing pumpkins, and others.

Note:  i stated most influential, not most talented.

Very sad indeed, great frontman!

Dang. LOVED them back in the 90's. I still have several of their CD's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4okI711JEg

STP's first few albums were awesome.

Also Scott's work with Velvet Revolver was pretty nice.

RIP dude.

Too often the demons inspiring genius also kill their host.

RIP

STP still one of my favorites. Lots of excellent songs. Hypnotizing music and harmonies. The bass player (can't recall his name) played awesome grooves/licks, while also being an excellent singer with harmonies blended perfectly to SW's lead.

Really, really good band.

RIP Scott
They found cocaine on the tour bus and the Bass Player was arrested