Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Vegas Odds Jaguars @ Titans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This week should be interesting.  Vegas opened with the Titans basically favored by a touchdown (Titans -10) if you include giving the home team 3 points.  Current odds are Titans -2.5 which makes this a pick 'em game.  The Over/Under has been steady at 43.

My first instinct was that the Jaguars don't cover the spread, but after some thought, I think they not only cover, they outright win.  I also would bet the Over.

By the way, the poll is based on the current odds and not the opening line since I'm late with this thread.

I'd say they cover the spread but it's under 43

I don't see both teams scoring more than 21
i have a rule that i try to abide by. never bet on your favorite team.

Quote:i have a rule that i try to abide by. never bet on your favorite team.

Especially when that team is the Jaguars under Bradley.

My friend took the Jags at home against the Chargers in a survivor league and of course now he regrets it.

I tried to tell him NOT to take the Jags to win, it's just to risky to pick them to win.
The Jaguars are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gon' geeeiiit
Quote:The Jaguars are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gon' geeeiiit
[Image: tumblr_majw58fYCn1qk82m8o1_1280.jpg#stup...%20799x530]
Quote:[Image: tumblr_majw58fYCn1qk82m8o1_1280.jpg#stup...%20799x530]

Now I remember who Gus reminds me of.

Forrest Gus?
Quote:I'd say they cover the spread but it's under 43

I don't see both teams scoring more than 21

A score of 30-14 would win the over.
The Jags first convincing win of the season this Sunday.

Quote:The Jags first convincing win of the season this Sunday.

lol, the Jags just don't have convincing wins under Gus.

Of Gus' 11 wins as a HC only 1 of them was by double figures and in that game the score was 10-6 Jags with 6:12 left in the 4th qtr.

One muffed punt and one INT later it was 24-6 and that was the game, the one and only game Gus has won by double figures.

Here it is:  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...190jax.htm

That was also the first team with a winning record (3-2) that Gus ended up with a win against.

The 2nd was when he beat the 1-0 Dolphins at home earlier this year.
Quote:lol, the Jags just don't have convincing wins under Gus.

Of Gus' 11 wins as a HC only 1 of them was by double figures and in that game the score was 10-6 Jags with 6:12 left in the 4th qtr.

One muffed punt and one INT later it was 24-6 and that was the game, the one and only game Gus has won by double figures.

Here it is: <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201410190jax.htm'>http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201410190jax.htm</a>

That was also the first team with a winning record (3-2) that Gus ended up with a win against.

You keep saying Gus, but I believe it is the 2013 to present Jaguars you are actually referring to.
Quote:You keep saying Gus, but I believe it is the 2013 to present Jaguars you are actually referring to.

Gus' first year was 2013 and he went 4-12.

Gus' second year was 2014 and he went 3-13.

2015 is Gus' thrid year and so far he is 4-7.

Everything I posted above is true and factual, to the best of my knowledge and research. Gus has exactly 1 win by double figures in his 11 wins and he has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (both listed above)

I am not even going to look up how many bad teams with a losing record that Gus has lost to, that would be too depressing to see.
Quote:Gus' first year was 2013 and he went 4-12.

Gus' second year was 2014 and he went 3-13.

2015 is Gus' thrid year and so far he is 4-7.

Everything I posted above is true and factual, to the best of my knowledge and research. Gus has exactly 1 win by double figures in his 11 wins and he has only beaten 2 teams with a winning record (both listed above)

I am not even going to look up how many bad teams with a losing record that Gus has lost to, that would be too depressing to see.

So you don't think David Caldwell shares any of the responsibility for the team's record despite him having decimated the roster before Gus even ever coached a game?
Quote:So you don't think David Caldwell shares any of the responsibility for the team's record despite him having decimated the roster before Gus even ever coached a game?

That Mularkey team was so bad it needed to get blown up, it was necessary. Dave's biggest problem was that the Jags needed some veteran leadership on the team during Gus' first year and there just wasn't any to speak of. Marcades Lewis should have been able to be one of the leaders, but he just wasn't. It really showed when they lost their first 8 games and they were just getting blown out.

Gus' actually did a respectable job in the 2nd half of that first year with a really bad team, by posting a 4-4 record for those last 8 games. Yes. he beat some really bad teams, but the Jags were a really bad team too, led by the one and only Chad Henne.

The team only won 3 games the next year, but they did have to start a rookie QB after 3 games, because of the performance of the one and only Chad Henne.

Now here we are deep into year 3 and despite everything that has worked in the Jags favor this year, Gus finds himself at 4-7 and has lost several winnable games, yes I said winnable games, even for the Jags.

Now there are 5 games left and Gus really needs to be able to win a few of them and end the season with more wins (and I don't mean 1 more) this season then he had in his very first season and with a much worse team.

Come on Gus, can you do it?
Quote:The Jaguars are like a box of chocolate, you never know what you gon' geeeiiit

You really need to be careful of what area of the city that you purchase that chocolate in. :woot:
Quote:lol, the Jags just don't have convincing wins under Gus.

Here it is:  http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...190jax.htm

That's terrible, along with his record here.  He's gotta go.  lol
I like the tacks to cover in this one.we have zero pass rush, can't cover a TE, can't stop the run...basically no defense. The offense sucks too. Absolutely terrible pass and run blocking, no run game, and a regressing 2nd year QB (most sacked qb in the NFL since he started playing) against a solid defense at home?

21-13 flaming thumbtacks.
I can understand not taking the Jags, but in what universe are the Titans a safer bet?

Just leave the money in your pocket. Or take the team that's already won once to at least cover the spread.
I will be cheering like maniac for the Jags, but I would bet against the point shift (and be very happy to lose).

Quote:I can understand not taking the Jags, but in what universe are the Titans a safer bet?

Just leave the money in your pocket. Or take the team that's already won once to at least cover the spread.

Detroit beat the Packers in green bay, then failed to cover against the Packers in Detroit 19 days later. There's no sure thing with any of these bets. I didn't put any money on this game because it's too close for me to call and I refuse to bet against the Jags. I thought we would beat San Diego last week and it cost me, so I think I'll take the advice and pocket my money this week.
Pages: 1 2