Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tool/Primus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tool and Primus are touring together and will be in Orlando on January 28.  They'll actually be all throughout the Southeast in January.  Too good to be true!  How many times do you get to see two of your all-time favorites in one show? 

Almost as good as seeing Metallica open up for Ozzy in '86...

Yep I'm old.

Quote:Tool and Primus are touring together and will be in Orlando on January 28.  They'll actually be all throughout the Southeast in January.  Too good to be true!  How many times do you get to see two of your all-time favorites in one show? 

Yep I'm old.
Man, back when Metallica was good. Must've been cool to see.

Tool is ok. They've got some good songs. I've always found Primus to be an interesting band. I'm a fan of Les Claypool, cause I'm a bassist myself, but they've always been too redneck-y for my taste.
Quote:Man, back when Metallica was good. Must've been cool to see.

Tool is ok. They've got some good songs. I've always found Primus to be an interesting band. I'm a fan of Les Claypool, cause I'm a bassist myself, but they've always been too redneck-y for my taste.

You need to see them both live. It might permanently change your opinion of both but especially Primus.
Primus sucks!
I love Wynona's Big Brown Beaver.  The song too.

Quote:Almost as good as seeing Metallica open up for Ozzy in '86...

Yep I'm old.

Where were you for that show? Metallica was off of the tour by the time it made it Tampa. We got Queensryche instead. Made for an interesting show a few years later when Queensryche opened for Metallica in Lakeland. The [BLEEP] talking between fans of the two bands was worse than any football game I've ever attended.
Super pumped.

Really hope I can score some tickets.

I saw Tool once. Great show. Not a big Primus fan though
Quote:Tool and Primus are touring together and will be in Orlando on January 28. They'll actually be all throughout the Southeast in January. Too good to be true! How many times do you get to see two of your all-time favorites in one show?

Yep I'm old.

YOU'RE old?

Hell, I don't even know who you're talking about.
Quote:Where were you for that show? Metallica was off of the tour by the time it made it Tampa. We got Queensryche instead. Made for an interesting show a few years later when Queensryche opened for Metallica in Lakeland. The [BAD WORD REMOVED] talking between fans of the two bands was worse than any football game I've ever attended.
I lived in Indiana at the time and saw them at the Fort Wayne Coliseum.  I had heard of Metallica but didn't know much about them.  When I saw them live, it was amazing and I instantly became a huge fan and saw them three more times live in the 80s/early 90s.
I was hoping they would come to Jax instead of Pensacola.