Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Let's look at a few positives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I know alot of you don't want to look at the brighter picture but here are some of them

Bortles is 1 td from tying the franchise record and 2 from breaking it.

We are able to move the football we only punted the ball 3 times today.

Bortles is the first jaguar to have a throwing td in 11 straight games to start a season. Set the record last week at 10 made it 11 today

Bortles is 1450ish yards from season yards most in jags history

Our new TE Julius finally had a good game going off for 9 and 119 td. Not as fast last year. But can catch.

Our defense shows it can stop the run only thing they are doing well.

Allan Robinson is only 80 from 1000.

And most importantly hurns isn't badly hurt, only suffered a concussion. Hope he doesn't have any set backs our prolonged issues with it.
Stats are great, winning is better.

Winning will come, you can't many games with ne defense, exspecially with a young offence like ours. We need help from the D until we can move past this red zone problems we are having.
Quote:Stats are great, winning is better.

Are you serious? And to think all this time I thought they only played to see who can get the best statistics.
We scored 6 times, the chargers only scored 5 times.

THIS MATTERS

Now if only those 6 scores are at least half TDs we win not lose.
Quote:Stats are great, winning is better.

I personally hate statistics. They don't tell you anything important and many of them are flat out misleading. What you see on the field and scoreboard are all that matter.
Why on Earth would anybody say Allen Hurns "only" has a concussion? It was severe enough to knock him out and need a stretcher. If you think it was not a bad injury, you don't know the first thing about concussions. They are head trauma.

Quote:Why on Earth would anybody say Allen Hurns "only" has a concussion? It was severe enough to knock him out and need a stretcher. If you think it was not a bad injury, you don't know the first thing about concussions. They are head trauma.
I'm assuming based on the manner he was taken from the field, a concussion (still a serious injury) is more welcome than something way more tragic
Quote:I'm assuming based on the manner he was taken from the field, a concussion (still a serious injury) is more welcome than something way more tragic.

The OP said Allen Hurns "isn't badly hurt." Regardless of the diagnosis, that is not true when a stretcher is required.

A positive for me... my jags are fun to watch again. I have real hope for the future.
How about finally having a tight end who can catch the ball? Big day for Julius Thomas - 9 catches for over 100 yards.

Quote:How about finally having a tight end who can catch the ball? Big day for Julius Thomas - 9 catches for over 100 yards.

It was fun. But I'll wait to see some consistently. JT doesn't need another 100 yard game, but needs to be a factor, targeted, decoy, etc.
Quote:It was fun. But I'll wait to see some consistently. JT doesn't need another 100 yard game, but needs to be a factor, targeted, decoy, etc.

Well he has been injured a lot this season and had to learn a new offense. It will not be too long before we see him play a bigger role.
QB Blake Bortles has 57 more yards than Carr ranking BB 1st among 2nd year QBs, but Carr is currently the better QB with 2 extra TDs & a much higher rating.

He has only one more INT than 4 other QBs like Andrew Luck, Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Matthew Stafford (all whom dont have nearly as many TDs as Blake)!  Peyton Manning having the most INTs so far this year...so can we stop with the BBINT stuff...

---------------------------

Telvin Smith is ranked 3rd in the NFL with tackles (2nd place has one more than him).  Poz is ranked 6th (couldve been higher had he not been injured).

-------------

On average all QBs wind up having a 100 Rating game after playing.. oh wait sorry positives...

With a new coaching system we are fighting for afc south not for a great draft pick.  

Quote:QB Blake Bortles has 57 more yards than Carr ranking BB 1st among 2nd year QBs, but Carr is currently the better QB with 2 extra TDs & a much higher rating.

He has only one more INT than 4 other QBs like Andrew Luck, Flacco, Matt Ryan, and Matthew Stafford (all whom dont have nearly as many TDs as Blake)! Peyton Manning having the most INTs so far this year...so can we stop with the BBINT stuff...

---------------------------

Telvin Smith is ranked 3rd in the NFL with tackles (2nd place has one more than him). Poz is ranked 6th (couldve been higher had he not been injured).

-------------

On average all QBs wind up having a 100 Rating game after playing.. oh wait sorry positives...

Carr and bortles imo are going to be the next manning vs brady. They will take over the afc and fight a lot in the playoffs in the near future.
I don't know if we will ever see a Peyton Manning Vs Tom Brady again, I mean they are in a pretty elite category. 

Tom Brady has 56,578 yards passing (ranked 5th), Peyton Manning is ranked 1st with 71,871 yards.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/le...career.htm

I would be happy if Blake simply beat out Mark Brunnel's stats but if we could be so lucky to see him as a Brett Favre or Peyton Manning type player...

Quote:With a new coaching system we are fighting for AFC South not for a great draft pick.  

We are still fighting for the AFC South with the current coaching system. Pay attention.
Did you know that QB Philip Rivers leads the league with pass attempts and passes completed and 2nd only to Tom Brady in passing yards this season?  The Jaguars struggle the most against the pass so even though the Chargers lost six games in a row it shouldnt be such a shock that they lost this week.

Pages: 1 2