Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sign of progress people don't think about: fewer punts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am used to seeing a lot of three-and-out drives by the Jaguars. Today that did not happen much. In fact Banger punted less than five times IIRC. Am I the only one who notices we get some first downs on drives before punting more often this year? Next week count the three-and-out drives and compare them to the number of punts. I hope this is not my imagination.

More field goals and more interceptions as opposed to more punts...

No doubt the team is better offensively

...still wish they could come up with a better running game however
Quote:No doubt the team is better offensively

...still wish they could come up with a better running game however

T.J. Yeldon is not the problem. However running the football certainly could be a lot better.
Team is WAY better offensively since we have been in Coughlin days.

Team is WORSE in defensive PPG allowed in team history.

Draft 7 defensive players.
Quote:I am used to seeing a lot of three-and-out drives by the Jaguars. Today that did not happen much. In fact Banger punted less than five times IIRC. Am I the only one who notices we get some first downs on drives before punting more often this year? Next week count the three-and-out drives and compare them to the number of punts. I hope this is not my imagination.

A lot of it has to do with Blake Bortles, running for first downs if he has no other option.
Quote:Team is WAY better offensively since we have been in Coughlin days.

Team is WORSE in defensive PPG allowed in team history.

Draft 7 defensive players.

We don't need to draft 7 defensive players. There is something called free agency.