Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bogus Hold B4 the INT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm gonna forget this soon, and I have a feeling alot of folks will ignore this so I just want to remind everyone:

The play before the INT that BB5 threw was a great strike to AR15 that was called back by a bogus holding call on Joekell.

On top of that, the INT play was executed pretty well, with a unlucky result.  BB5 did pretty OK on that INT.  Teo got lucky...  

That INT was not what lost us the game, if you ask me.

trading field goals for their touchdowns lost it.

Red zone offense killed us
Quote:trading field goals for their touchdowns lost it.

One of those field goals only happened because Blake Bortles threw five yards past the line of scrimmage. It was a nice catch by Allen Robinson.
Regarding the Red Zone offense----

Does it not seem to anyone else that we look un-prepared in the red zone?  I honestly think that we don't practice Red Zone plays enough, which results in us missing on opportunities to score TDs.

This whole season has been a wash out, in my opinion, because of a lack of our coaches having any true fore-sight on how to create a successful team.

Quote:trading field goals for their touchdowns lost it.

Jags D giving up 31 points lost it. Good teams like the Vikings held the Falcons to 10 points. Gus is a terrible coach and doesn't know what he's doing.....jumping up and down cheering is NOT coaching
That was a hold by fatty 76. The sad thing was that he didnt even need to do it

Quote:I'm gonna forget this soon, and I have a feeling alot of folks will ignore this so I just want to remind everyone:

The play before the INT that BB5 threw was a great strike to AR15 that was called back by a bogus holding call on Joekell.

On top of that, the INT play was executed pretty well, with a unlucky result. BB5 did pretty OK on that INT. Teo got lucky...

That INT was not what lost us the game, if you ask me.

Staring down your 1st read and not attempting to go through your progressions or look off the LBs and safeties isn't solid execution. Teo saw it just like the rest of the Chargers defense and made a play on the ball. He's been doing this since his rookie year. Eventually he needs to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.

We lost by 6. That pick gave the Chargers a free TD. Take away that play and we most likely win.
Quote:Regarding the Red Zone offense----

Does it not seem to anyone else that we look un-prepared in the red zone?  I honestly think that we don't practice Red Zone plays enough, which results in us missing on opportunities to score TDs.

This whole season has been a wash out, in my opinion, because of a lack of our coaches having any true fore-sight on how to create a successful team.

I don't know what it is, but we certainly are well-coached between the 20s. Moving down the field is a major improvement this year.

I think of our offense as improving from not doing the job to not finishing it.
Quote:One of those field goals only happened because Blake Bortles threw five yards past the line of scrimmage. It was a nice catch by Allen Robinson.
Yeah, that was pretty bad. Second one was closer to the line.
[quote name="knarnn" post="636702" timestamp="1448834056"]Staring down your 1st read and not attempting to go through your progressions or look off the LBs and safeties isn't solid execution. Teo saw it just like the rest of the Chargers defense and made a play on the ball. He's been doing this since his rookie year. Eventually he needs to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.

We lost by 6. That pick gave the Chargers a free TD. Take away that play and we most likely win.Youre determined not to blame the defense at all today. The D gave the Chargers plenty of free points today, not saying the int didn't hurt but to pin the game on that one play is ignorant.
[quote name="atburg" post="636727" timestamp="1448834384"]

[quote name="knarnn" post="636702" timestamp="1448834056"]Staring down your 1st read and not attempting to go through your progressions or look off the LBs and safeties isn't solid execution. Teo saw it just like the rest of the Chargers defense and made a play on the ball. He's been doing this since his rookie year. Eventually he needs to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.

We lost by 6. That pick gave the Chargers a free TD. Take away that play and we most likely win.Youre determined not to blame the defense at all today. The D gave the Chargers plenty of free points today, not saying the int didn't hurt but to pin the game on that one play is ignorant.[/quote]

The D played pretty good considering the offense couldn't score a TD until later in the game. The D didn't get any help at all.
I don't remember the play you speak of but the Chargers oline legit held on every play of the game.
Quote:Staring down your 1st read and not attempting to go through your progressions or look off the LBs and safeties isn't solid execution. Teo saw it just like the rest of the Chargers defense and made a play on the ball. He's been doing this since his rookie year. Eventually he needs to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.

We lost by 6. That pick gave the Chargers a free TD. Take away that play and we most likely win.

LOL yeah right. The Jags D CANT stop rIvers. They had zero chance. Bortles throws the ball 40 times a game and can't throw 1 INT? Funny how Peyton and Eli can.......you don't get it. The Jags D is awful. They can't stop anyone. 4 TDs and 300 yards for Rivers and you're talking about Bortles 1 INT....embarassing
Quote:The D played pretty good considering the offense couldn't score a TD until later in the game. The D didn't get any help at all.

How can a D play pretty good and give up 31 points?
Quote:ame="atburg" post="636727" timestamp="1448834384"]

The D played pretty good considering the offense couldn't score a TD until later in the game. The D didn't get any help at all.
Go back and rewatch, he looks off his first read. Not saying it was not ill advised, that was on him.
Quote:LOL yeah right. The Jags D CANT stop rIvers. They had zero chance. Bortles throws the ball 40 times a game and can't throw 1 INT? Funny how Peyton and Eli can.......you don't get it. The Jags D is awful. They can't stop anyone. 4 TDs and 300 yards for Rivers and you're talking about Bortles 1 INT....embarassing

We could not stop Philip Rivers because he is Philip Rivers.
Quote:Staring down your 1st read and not attempting to go through your progressions or look off the LBs and safeties isn't solid execution. Teo saw it just like the rest of the Chargers defense and made a play on the ball. He's been doing this since his rookie year. Eventually he needs to learn from his mistakes instead of repeating them.

You literally must have a shrine to bradley. No, you do. There is no way a normal human is blaming blake for this game. Stop posting.
Quote:How can a D play pretty good and give up 31 points?

Good enough to win. Not shut down good. Rivers will always tear us apart. He's done it going back to the JDR days.
Quote:ame="atburg" post="636727" timestamp="1448834384"]

Bahahahahaahahhahahahahaha

Haha

Yes, 31 points and 4 TDs and 300 pass yards for Rivers.....our D is great. It's the reason why we lose buddy. See Vikings, they win because they play defense
Pages: 1 2