Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why can't Bortles throw a spiral?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just curious. He's like the only QB I've seen make it this far and can't.
Ever seen Peyton throw?

He throws spirals more often than BB5.
He skipped kindergarten
What makes anyone think he can't throw a spiral?

My only guess is Bortles is showing fatigueness at the end of the season. Otherwise I am not sure why he is not throwing deep and he seem to be concerned throwing deep for the past two weeks. Is it just the play calling or is it that Bortles is playing injured. Remember last year he played with Dead arm or some weird injury. 

Quote:My only guess is Bortles is showing fatigueness at the end of the season. Otherwise I am not sure why he is not throwing deep and he seem to be concerned throwing deep for the past two weeks. Is it just the play calling or is it that Bortles is playing injured. Remember last year he played with Dead arm or some weird injury.

What? He threw multiple deep passes today...
Quote:What makes anyone think he can't throw a spiral?

He throws ducks every now and then...  It's not like the critique is unfounded
Quote:My only guess is Bortles is showing fatigueness at the end of the season. Otherwise I am not sure why he is not throwing deep and he seem to be concerned throwing deep for the past two weeks. Is it just the play calling or is it that Bortles is playing injured. Remember last year he played with Dead arm or some weird injury. 

Uh, what? No deep throws? You must not be watching every play.
Quote:What? He threw multiple deep passes today...
Intermediate passes. None 30+
Why is there no Section 439 at the stadium?
Quote:He throws ducks every now and then...  It's not like the critique is unfounded

"Every now and then" means he can throw spirals.
It's more ducks than spirals.
Probably "arm fatigue". Common problem among just Bortles.

Quote:What? He threw multiple deep passes today...
What I mean was Blake never tried the deep ball he throws once or twice the game.  The beautiful one against Miami, Indy. The worst part is it was not even attempted. I gotta feeling Blake is playing injured.  None of the throws went outside 30+ yards. 
Quote:What I mean was Blake never tried the deep ball he throws once or twice the game. The beautiful one against Miami, Indy. The worst part is it was not even attempted. I gotta feeling Blake is playing injured. None of the throws went outside 30+ yards.
I just think no one got open deep
It isnt more ducks than spirals be real

He's not real QB. He was recruited in college to pay tight end.
Kurt Warner was the worst at spirals.
What I would really like to know is, why can't spirals throw qb's? I mean really? Never have I seen a spiral throw a qb. Have you?

Pages: 1 2