Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This week's game a progress report for Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bill Walsh said you will know if a QB will be able to stick in this league by the midway point of his sophomore season, or in other words 24 or 25 games into his career. This game against San Diego marks Bortles's 24th start and 25th overall game played, against the team he made his first start against his rookie season. This game also has significance because it could mark the Jags' first 3 game winning streak since...a long time, Bortles's first time stringing together a handful of victories in a row, and a chance to get us to 5 wins though 11 games for the first time in just as equally a long time, and keep our playoff hopes alive. I look at this game as a progress report for Bortles and would like to see him take it over this week.

I don't think there's any doubt that BBortles belongs in the NFL. Now he just needs to see the field better and make consistently good decisions. Getting a few decent pass blocking lineman would be huge for him.
Quote:I don't think there's any doubt that BBortles belongs in the NFL. Now he just needs to see the field better and make consistently good decisions. Getting a few decent pass blocking lineman would be huge for him.

This. He can make plays that 90% of QBs wish they could make. At the same time, he makes some car less decisions/throws at times but is only 23. You can fix his problems, you can't teach his strengths.
Quote:This. He can make plays that 90% of QBs wish they could make. At the same time, he makes some car less decisions/throws at times but is only 23. You can fix his problems, you can't teach his strengths.
Absolutely... I see a lot in Bortles that makes me think that in time, he'll become an elite QB.
Its crazy how EVERY game feels like a must win-game. The Jags have curbed our expectations and now 95% of us are hoping for playoffs. 

We shouldn't look at wins as a progress report with Bortles. I think we should ONLY look at stats, those stats including his clutch comeback wins. But too much goes into a loss; it usually never falls on one player (unless you're Myers). 

If Bortles remains consistent with his 2td's and 1 pick a game for the rest of the season as well as managing 3500-4000yards than i think we know he'll be our guy. Hell, I feel like he's already our guy. He's special. 

Quote:This. He can make plays that 90% of QBs wish they could make. At the same time, he makes some car less decisions/throws at times but is only 23. You can fix his problems, you can't teach his strengths.

He belongs

He fearless

He good

But 90%?

That's 29 of 32 QBs...
. "This game also has significance because it could mark the Jags' first 3 game winning streak since...a long time"

2013 season......two wins against Texans with a win over Cleveland in the middle...........
Blakes last couple of games haven't been his best so it would be nice to see a really good game from him. Maybe he can bring back the play he had against Tampa bay where he was lighting up the field.
I really like Blake, he has shown me plenty of reasons to believe he will be our guy or is our guy. However man he has been on a little slip the last few gamnes so I would love to see him bounce back and have a great game vs SD.

I think he's in a slump or has hit a temporary wall. But even his slump is better than most in franchise history.
I'm kind of confused how he has played poorly? He has one bad game against Baltimore.
Quote:I'm kind of confused how he has played poorly? He has one bad game against Baltimore.
I don't think "poorly" is what they're getting at. He has seemed a little off, but nothing 300 yards and 3 touchdowns against the Chargers won't fix.
I think he progressed immensely from last season. He definitely has the potential to be a future top 5 QB. He jus needs to stop throwing high risk low reward throws, which happens with 2nd year qbs anyway. I don't think anybody can be mad with what Blake has given us this year so far, he'll continue to progress.
Blake Bortles is the man and gives me a strong reason to watch this team every Sunday. Future is bright people. That's the truth!