Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 12 Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's what I'm thinking for this week as Jaguars playoffs talk is as abundant as its been in years...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

LB Dan Skuta

RB Denard Pierce

S Craig Loston

WR Neal Sterling

C Luke Bowanko

DE Chris Smith

RB Joe Banyard

This appears straight foward unless they mix it up by activating Bowanko, Smith or Banyard while scratching Shatley, Marshall or Gerhart.

CHARGERS INACTIVES

RG DJ Fluker

LT King Dunlop

DT Corey Liuget

LB Codorro Law

S Adrian Phillips

CB Craig Mager

C JD Walton

Fluker is the only player declared out. Dunlop is listed as doubtful with an ankle so I don't expect to see him either. Liuget is listed as questionable. He's a gametime decision with a foot injury, but he hasn't practiced all week so I'm thinking he's out as well. The Chargers starting NT Sean LIssemore is also a gametime decision with a concussion, but he practiced in full on Friday and will play unless he fails a gameday concussion test.

It looks Malcolm Floyd along with the Chargers TEs Gates and Greene will be active for this game. Floyd sat out last week's game while Gates and Greene were considerably limited during the game. Gates looks to be full go, but Greene might be in more of a decoy role for this game. This means the Chargers are looking at four healthy scratches.

RT Tyree Burkwell ans DT Damian Square are often inactive backup linemen, but with Dunlop and Liuget missing the game I'm thinking they'll want them both active. The Chargers appear to have several backup LBs and DBs that they'll rotate between being active and inactive, so most of their healthy scratches are likely from backups among their back seven.  Either ILB Joe Mays or OLB Cordorro Law will probably be a scratch at LB, and of these two I'm thinking Law misses the game. Then at least two backup DBs are missing the game.
<strong>S Adrian Phillips and CB Greg Ducre were recent healthy scratches although CB Craig Mager is another likely scratch. I'll go with Phillips and Mager for this game.
</strong>

<strong>For the final scratch I'm thinking they'll sit a lineman, and with that in mind I'll go out on a limb and say backup C JD Walton even though he's yet to have made the inactive list. If it's not Walton then it would probably be Burkwell, Mays or Ducre.
</strong>

The Chargers inactives are up now.

Why do you always guess the inactive players after the NFL receives final injury reports from all 32 teams?

Quote:Why do you always guess the inactive players after the NFL receives final injury reports from all 32 teams?

With their usually being a number of healthy scratches, there would be too much guess work involved to try and do this before the final injury reports are released. Even waiting like I do, there's still a bit of guess work involved.

Denard pierce inActive.

Bernard Robinson good to go.
[Image: CU_jTmCUkAEvR62.jpg]

Quote:Denard pierce inActive.

Bernard Robinson good to go.

LOL... I see I said Denard Pierce above.

I had them all except for one interesting change. Michael Bennett gets extra time to rest his ankle while they activeted Chris Smith for the first time in months.

Yes, I repeat...

Chris Smith is active. Whoo Hoo!!!!

Jaguars need to bring the rush today. Come on Smith!
I'm so happy for Chris smith! How many penalties do you think he'll draw for off sides?

I think 2 but maybe a sack and holding call goes his way.