Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anyone have experience with penicillin shots?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so here's the deal.

Sunday morning woke up with a bad sore throat. Monday went to the doctor said i possibly have strep throat, took culture and gave me antibiotic called Kelflex. Been on it since monday. Fever on and off. This morning pain was unbearable so i went to the emergency room and she said it was bad case of strep and offered me a penicillin shot. She said the shot would be a one time thing and didnt need to take anymore antibiotic because the shot was sufficient. I told my regular doctor and she said i should continue taking the rest of my antibiotic regardless. So i dont know what to do? Anyone have experience with a penicillin shot? Oh by the way, its the most painful shot around lol.
I would go with the advice of your regular doctor, personally..

A couple shots of whiskey will help kill it..
Always take all antibiotics as prescribed. If you stop before the infection is completely eliminated you can build a resistance to that particular antibiotic.

Quote:Always take all antibiotics as prescribed. If you stop before the infection is completely eliminated you can build a resistance to that particular antibiotic.

I was going to say the same thing. Always finish them.
Quote:Always take all antibiotics as prescribed. If you stop before the infection is completely eliminated you can build a resistance to that particular antibiotic.

But she said the shot is instead of taking 10 days worth of antibiotic.
Quote:But she said the shot is instead of taking 10 days worth of antibiotic.

But you've already started the antibiotics, right? Even is the shot duplicates the effect, you should still finish the antibiotics.