Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Robinson Chasing Franchise records
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Robinson getting some love from ESPN, of all places...Sorry if this has already been posted.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jag...ecords-too

that's the writer assigned to cover the Jags so...

If they redid that draft today, where do you think Arob gets picked? Top 15? He would certainly be a 1st round pick, right?
Quote:If they redid that draft today, where do you think Arob gets picked? Top 15? He would certainly be a 1st round pick, right?

He'd be picked in the first round for sure. That draft was stacked with WR talent though. Beckham, Watkins and Benjamin are all very good too.
Quote:He'd be picked in the first round for sure. That draft was stacked with WR talent though. Beckham, Watkins and Benjamin are all very good too.
I'd say he's top 3 on that list. To me he's tied with Beckham and Landry. The others are VERY good too though.

Sammy Watkins

Mike Evans

Odell Beckham

Kelvin Benjamin

Jarvis Landry

Martavis Bryant
I didn't expect him (or Hurns) to elevate their games this much in year 2. Kudos to them but they have to keep it going.

Could you imagine a receiving corps that included Blackmon? I know, I'm beating a dead horse. And maybe they wouldn't have both Robinson and Hurns if Blackmon didn't have his issues. But the thought still pops into my mind now and then. 

I'm just stoked that we have so many options at WR after so much disappointment at that position for so many years... We've gone from famine to feast. Kudos to our staff for making it happen.

Quote:I didn't expect him (or Hurns) to elevate their games this much in year 2. Kudos to them but they have to keep it going.

Could you imagine a receiving corps that included Blackmon? I know, I'm beating a dead horse. And maybe they wouldn't have both Robinson and Hurns if Blackmon didn't have his issues. But the thought still pops into my mind now and then. 

We'd be almost unstoppable..once we shore up our front line.
Quote:We'd be almost unstoppable..once we shore up our front line.

Even with an better O line, Blake's decision making has to improve dramatically before we're worthy of that title.
Last year I wondered why we picked Marquise Lee early in the second round because Allen Robinson was a traded pick and quickly became Blake Bortles' go-to receiver.

I read if the draft was redone, Allen Hurns would have been a third round pick. Does anyone agree with that?

He would be a first round pick now.

Quote:He would be a first round pick now.

Yeah I was thinking that too, except 2014 was a WR-heavy draft.