Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week In the AFC South-Week 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last week, our Jaguars won their second straight game, beating the loathsome and detestable tacks after a late punt return by Rashad Greene, a short TD pass from Bortles, a forced fumble by House,  an extra FG from Myers and a last play sack by Andre Branch.  That game represented the 3rd win in the last four games for the Jaguars, the best streak since Gus' first season.  There is now talk that the team is learning how to win.  For the first time since 2010, the Jaguars are relevant this time of year.  That is certainly something for which we can be thankful.

You can argue that I might be learning how to win at picking these games because I seem to have had a decent few weeks, though as I type this, I am probably courting a disastrous picking weekend.  Hopefully it's just paranoia.

Let's get on with the picks...

San Diego (2-8)
at Jacksonville (4-6)
-The Bolts come to town having lost 6 straight.  The Chargers have been besieged with injuries to key personnel.  The prevailing sentiment is that head coach Mike McCoy should be fired, and that the team has actually quit on him.  Rivers and Gates were squabbling on the sidelines, and there is a potential move to Los Angeles looming over this franchise.  That seems a LONG LONG way from the Jaguars at the moment.  While the Jaguars are not to be mistaken for the '85 Bears, there are signs things are looking up.  The phrase "Jaguars offensive viability" is not an oxymoron any longer, as SECOND YEAR (I'm looking at YOU, Marshall Faulk) QB Blake Bortles has thrown 20 TD passes thus far with 6 games left in the regular season.  That figure is, IIRC, three below the franchise record for TD passes in a single season.  The receivers are the best group since Jimmy and Keenan dominated opposing secondaries in the 1990s.  While a joke last year, the run defense has shown up big time this year and is in the top ten against the run.  Good young players abound on this roster, and while there are still weaknesses, this team looks like it's beginning to believe.  Jaguars win 27-21.

New Orleans (4-6) at Houston (5-5)
-New Orleans has a huge edge at QB.  Houston seems to have the edge at too many other positions, and has a defense than can actually stop teams.  Texans win 21-17.

Oakland (4-6) at Tennessee (2-8)
-I think the loathsome and detestable tacks actually have a decent future at QB in Mariota and a decent defense.  Oakland is a team on the rise (even if it may also be a team on the move) with young studs like Carr, Mack, and Amari Cooper.  They still need to learn to win, and I think they get one here.  Raiders 27-loathsome and detestable tacks 16.

Tampa Bay (5-5)
at Indy (5-5)
-The resurgent Bucs with #1 overall pick Jameis Winston, travel to Insy to face the Colts, who are 3-0 without Andrew Luck.  Winston is fresh off of a 5 TD win in Philly, while the Colts rallied to beat Atlanta on the road.  Attrition is beginning to take its toll on Indy, as starting CB Vontae Davis is hobbled with a hamstring injury, while starting LT is hobbled by injury himself.  If those two guys can't go, I don't see them beating Tampa.  Tampa 24-Indy 20.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  20-14.

Everyone, please have a happy and safe thanksgiving.  For fans of AFC South teams besides the Jaguars, have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, but I hope your teams lose big time.  They deserve it!

14-20

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bucs
Jags

Aints

Raiders

Bucs

Went 1-2 last week, but this is how I see it happening this time...or at least I hope so.

17-17 on the year.
Last week 2-1

Overall 20-14

This week's picks:

Jags

Texans

Titans

Colts

That's right. I'm going for an AFCS sweep this week (probably be my undoing).

Any of these games could go either way. Bucs and Raiders are capable of playing good games. But I think they'll both falter. All AFCS teams win this week.
2-1 last week.

18-16 overall.

Chargers over Jags

Saints over Texans

Raiders over Titans

Colts over Bucs

This week is incredibly tough... I can see all these games going either way.

Quote:2-1 last week.

18-16 overall.

Chargers over Jags

Saints over Texans

Raiders over Titans

Colts over Bucs

I don't think there's a gimmee in any of the NFL games this week.  I just did my weekly pick'em.
Chargers over Jags

Saints over Texans

Titans over Raiders

Colts over Bucs

0-3 last week

15-15 overall

Screw it...I'm changing my pick to Titans over Oakland
Quote:Last week 2-1

Overall 20-14

This week's picks:

Jags

Texans

Titans

Colts

That's right. I'm going for an AFCS sweep this week (probably be my undoing).

Any of these games could go either way. Bucs and Raiders are capable of playing good games. But I think they'll both falter. All AFCS teams win this week.

I'm right there with you.  Any of these games can go either way, and for the second straight week I'm taking all of the home teams.

Jaguars - Playing at home and on the rise.  The opponent is going in the opposite direction.

Texans - Playing at home with a good defense and an offense that can do "just enough".

Titans - Playing at home with a young Raiders team playing on the road.

Colts - This one is hard for me to call so I went with the home team.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">2-1 Last week

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">18-16 Overall
Quote: 

I agree completely.

This is a very tough week to pick.
Jags

houston

Raiders

Tampa

Chargers

Texans

Raiders

Colts

Saints
,Raiders, Colts
, Jaguars

I'm going with all home teams. Jaguars, Titans, texans, colts.

But rooting for raiders, saints and buccs.
Quote:14-20

Jags

Texans

Raiders

Bucs

Quote:Chargers over Jags

Saints over Texans

Titans over Raiders

Colts over Bucs

0-3 last week

15-15 overall

Screw it...I'm changing my pick to Titans over Oakland

Quote:Jags

houston

Raiders

Tampa

I agree with Haterade and SeldomRite meaning I hope unf_nashvillian strikes out for the second week in a row.

That is.... Jags, Texans, Raiders and Bucs win.

I'm now 16-18 overall.

That said, I hope I'm wrong about the Texans and Raiders.

Why do you want to be wrong about the Raiders? I thought we are rooting for Oakland this week.

Quote:Why do you want to be wrong about the Raiders? I thought we are rooting for Oakland this week.

Because what we want and what we think will happen are different. In Bullseye this week thread. Its about predictions not desire.
Quote:Because what we want and what we think will happen are different. In Bullseye this week thread. Its about predictions not desire.

I rarely participate in these threads. Usually when I see prediction stuff it is mixed in with what people want.
I'm writing this on my phone, so it'll be a bit shorter than normal.

San Diego @ Jacksonville

I like Jax's chance with this one. While an elite QB is always tough to face, Rivers is beginning to run out of weapons and I feel like Yeldon can be effective. Jax wins this one at home.

Oakland @ Tennessee

Wouldn't it be just like Jack to drop this one? Still, I don't see it happening. I think Oakland has enough talent to beat Tennessee. Oakland takes this one.

Houston @ New Orleans

Saints can't stop anybody from scoring, does that mean Houston? I think the BO'B boys come through with the win.

Tampa Bay @ Indianapolis

Is Jaboo hitting his stride? If so, is it enough to overcome Indianapolis? I think so actually. I'll go out on a limb here and say the Bucs take one on the road.

Last week: 1 - 2

Overall: 19 - 15

Quote:I agree with Haterade and SeldomRite meaning I hope unf_nashvillian strikes out for the second week in a row.

That is.... Jags, Texans, Raiders and Bucs win.

I'm now 16-18 overall.

That said, I hope I'm wrong about the Texans and Raiders.

Trends are a powerful tool for prediction. The trends indicate the Jaguars, texans, raiders, and bucs should win, though I doubt they all will. It wouldn't surprise me at all for the chargers or saints to win or the bucs to lose, because the chargers and saints have elite QBs and the bucs have a rookie.
Quote:Why do you want to be wrong about the Raiders? I thought we are rooting for Oakland this week.

The Raiders a key Wildcard threat. Assuming we sweep the TItans in order to stay in the Playoff race, the Titans are no threat at all.

Pages: 1 2