Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Tony Boselli is semifinalist for Pro Football Hall of Fame
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Tony Boselli has been a semifinalist before. I can't wait to finally see a Jaguars player make it in and he should be the first.

Hope he can, but I have my doubts. His short career, and the fact he played in Jacksonville, will make it difficult for him to make it in.

Sure would be awesome... couldn't happen to a better person. Probably the best LT no one talks about.
He was better than Odgen, who played at the same time, and is in the Hall of Fame.
Would love to see him make it.

Quote:He was better than Odgen, who played at the same time, and is in the Hall of Fame.

I remember reading Boselli was better than Ogden at the time. In the same article (sorry, can't link it) there was a sentence about Boselli being underpaid.
Quote:Hope he can, but I have my doubts. His short career, and the fact he played in Jacksonville, will make it difficult for him to make it in.

Sure would be awesome... couldn't happen to a better person. Probably the best LT no one talks about.

Being a Jaguar may help.

It may be seen as a great opportunity to add a player from a team that isn't yet represented in the Hall.
Quote:Tony Boselli has been a semifinalist before. I can't wait to finally see a Jaguars player make it in and he should be the first.
According to NFL.com this is Boselli's first time as a semi-finalist.
Quote:According to NFL.com this is Boselli's first time as a semi-finalist.

Maybe a quarter-finalist then.
Quote:I can't wait to finally see a Jaguars player make it in and he should be the first.
Torry Holt might be the first.
I'm surprised Carnell Lake and Hardy Nickerson aren't in there.

Boselli deserves to get in. Granted his career was cut short and he doesn't have a ring, but in virtually every season with the Jaguars he was far and away the best offensive lineman in the entire league. I don't see why Walter Jones is in there and Tony is not.

Quote:Torry Holt might be the first.

He would get in as a Ram.

Quote:I'm surprised Carnell Lake and Hardy Nickerson aren't in there.

Boselli deserves to get in.  Granted his career was cut short and he doesn't have a ring,  but in virtually every season with the Jaguars he was far and away the best offensive lineman in the entire league. I don't see why Walter Jones is in there and Tony is not.

I don't even know who Walter Jones is.

Lacking a ring is not an issue. A lot of players without rings are in the HOF.
Quote:He would get in as a Ram.

I never said a ring is a requirement, but having one most definitely helps.

Quote:He would get in as a Ram.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????

You don't know who Walter Jones is??????
Walter Jones said he strove to be like Tony Boselli.

Matter a fact, Anthony Munoz, tweeted Tony tonight and said he couldn't be happier that Tony is nominated to the top 25.
Who recalls the game we played against Miami where Jason Taylor was one of the best pass rushers in the league. Tony made him look like Branch. They were squawking the entire game and it was pretty much the storyline of the game, but Tony dominated him the entire game. Awesome.
Quote:I don't even know who Walter Jones is.

What planet are you from!
Quote:Tony Boselli has been a semifinalist before.

No he hasn't.

You hopped right on that one.
Quote:Who recalls the game we played against Miami where Jason Taylor was one of the best pass rushers in the league. Tony made him look like Branch. They were squawking the entire game and it was pretty much the storyline of the game, but Tony dominated him the entire game. Awesome.

Me.

He made Bruce Smith look like a 7th round rookie.
Quote:Me.

He made Bruce Smith look like a 7th round rookie.

Those were the days!
Pages: 1 2 3