Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many Jags has went over 200?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rawls and Martin went for over 200 yards last week, and it made me wonder how many times that has happened for our franchise.

Just off the top of my head I can only think of 2

Taylor rushed for 234 @ three rivers

Jimmy Smith 291 yards against Baltimore

All purpose MJD had 303 against the Colts but that doesn't count.

Am I missing anyone
McCardell and Blackmon both went over 200 yards in a game.

Quote:McCardell and Blackmon both went over 200 yards in a game.

The Texans game when Blaine Gabbert got hurt? That was probably the best game of Justin Blackmon's career.
Quote:The Texans game when Blaine Gabbert got hurt? That was probably the best game of Justin Blackmon's career.

It's pretty much the only game of Blackmon's career lol
Quote:It's pretty much the only game of Blackmon's career lol
Lol!!! Denver game to.. Damn justin smh......
Quote:Rawls and Martin went for over 200 yards last week, and it made me wonder how many times that has happened for our franchise.

Just off the top of my head I can only think of 2

Taylor rushed for 234 @ three rivers

Jimmy Smith 291 yards against Baltimore

All purpose MJD had 303 against the Colts but that doesn't count.

Am I missing anyone

The prior season, on 11/21/99, J Smooth had 220 receiving yards in a 41-23 win over the Saints.

Blackmon torched the Texans for 200 plus yards
Guy Whimper whiffed 200 times against the Steelers 10/3/12.
I hear Maseratis go 185.  Can a Jaguar go 185?

<div>Rush           

Date       Opp         Week Day  Att Yds  Y/A TD

Fred Taylor  2000-11-19 PIT W 34-24   12 Sun   30 234 7.80  3

Receiving

Date       Opp         Week Day  Tgt  Rec  Yds  Y/R    TD

Jimmy Smith       2000-09-10 BAL L 36-39   2  Sun  21   15   291  19.40   3

Justin Blackmon   2012-11-18 HOU L 37-43   11 Sun  13   7    236  33.71   1

Keenan McCardell  1996-10-20 STL L 14-17   8  Sun  20   16   232  14.50   0

Jimmy Smith       1999-11-21 NOR W 41-23   11 Sun  11   9    220  24.44   1

</div>

Quote:Guy Whimper whiffed 200 times against the Steelers 10/3/12.

That's impossible. He was not on the field for 200 plays.
"have gone"

Remembering that Justin Blackmon game is really depressing.  Blackmon, Robinson, and Hurns would be a nightmare.  Wasted talent.

Quote:Remembering that Justin Blackmon game is really depressing.  Blackmon, Robinson, and Hurns would be a nightmare.  Wasted talent.

This would have been an absolutely lethal combination. It's too bad that Marquis has been such a knot on a log. When he was drafted he was billed as being very similar to Blackmon. From what we've seen this year, Rashad Greene looks more like Blackmon than Lee.

I remember Jimmy's 291-yard game. He was catching passes right and left. To think just one more reception and he'd have probably topped 300 yards.

Quote:That's impossible. He was not on the field for 200 plays.

Even though I know you didn't mean to, I thought this was a hilarious answer. Props, kinda.
Quote:This would have been an absolutely lethal combination. It's too bad that Marquis has been such a knot on a log. When he was drafted he was billed as being very similar to Blackmon. From what we've seen this year, Rashad Greene looks more like Blackmon than Lee.

I remember Jimmy's 291-yard game. He was catching passes right and left. To think just one more reception and he'd have probably topped 300 yards.

I remember him catching a tipped ball of McCardell's hands and taking it to the house. I also remember the Ravens getting one of the craziest interceptions I've ever seen. Brunell threw a worm burner at someone's shins, and the Ravens defender dove at the ball, only to somehow tip it in the air when it was just inches above the field. Someone picked it off, and we ended up losing a thriller. I miss the AFC central, I was raised on those games.
At the time Chris McCallister was one of the best CB in the NFL and Smith took it to him for almost 300.
Quote:This would have been an absolutely lethal combination. It's too bad that Marquis has been such a knot on a log. When he was drafted he was billed as being very similar to Blackmon. From what we've seen this year, Rashad Greene looks more like Blackmon than Lee.

Lee has never been billed as anything like Blackmon. Completely different skill sets as receiver.
Quote:Lee has never been billed as anything like Blackmon. Completely different skill sets as receiver.

Blackmon is more of a flanker vs Lee being more of a split-end, but they were both billed with the same dynamic play making ability. The first strength listed at nfl.com for Marquis reads, "Very good athletic ability. Is a nifty runner after the catch -- can navigate through traffic and create with the ball in his hands." Blackmon has this too. They also both share, "Attacks the ball and plucks it out of the sky. Very good competitive, functional playing speed."

Completely different. Blackmon is a physical receiver Lee is a finesse, speed guy.

The only similarity was the fact that in college they were productive and a receiver. How they achieved that production was completely different.

Pages: 1 2