Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Players Turning the Corner?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It would appear (knock on wood) that a few struggling players are turning a corner in their level of play.  

Cyprien, Thomas, and Myers are the first to spring to mind in this category.

(Worth mentioning that the "shake-up" in safety scheme may be starting to aid that situation for Cyp and Evans.)

Miller/Odrick  stepping up in Marks' absence are an honorable mention here as well.  House also looks more consistent since his (probably unnecessary) benching.

Agree / Disagree?   Any others worthy of mention?  

After Thurs game, add Andre Branch, he's a late bloomer. 

Dare I say Tyson Alualu?
Quote:After Thurs game, add Andre Branch, he's a late bloomer. 
meh. He still wasn't that great and Mariota ran into him. He's a backup/rotation player

Now I agree about Cyprien and Odrick the most

And Julius Thomas needs to lose some weight before he can fully "turn" the corner 

And I'd still look for a new kicker this offseason IDK i just can't trust Myers

2 names that should be mentioned are Alualu and arby jones 
Quote:meh. He still wasn't that great and Mariota ran into him. He's a backup/rotation player

Now I agree about Cyprien and Odrick the most

And Julius Thomas needs to lose some weight before he can fully "turn" the corner 

And I'd still look for a new kicker this offseason IDK i just can't trust Myers

2 names that should be mentioned are Alualu and arby jones 

Abry Jones is a good one. I thought he actually did flash pretty well at times last year - but the Marks injury is giving him more time on the field to do so more consistently. 

His strength is apparent out there at times. Often moving his guy back quickly. 
Cyprien has been playing really well the last few games. Hopefully he can keep this up.

If we miss the playoffs by 1 game, I will blame Myers for the missed FG debacle up in Indy.

Thomas will never turn the corner because he had 24 TDs in 2 seasons with Peyton Manning. He was a Pro Bowler. So I can't down grade him to a "turning the corner guy."

Cyp is definitely turning the corner along with Joeckel.
Quote:meh. He still wasn't that great and Mariota ran into him. He's a backup/rotation player

I think he chased him down from behind. 

Davis forced the pressure and moved MM, iirc.

but yeah... virtually invisible until that play.

Clem and Branch are gone after this year, I think.

Quote:I think he chased him down from behind. 

Davis forced the pressure and moved MM, iirc.

but yeah... virtually invisible until that play.

Clem and Branch are gone after this year, I think.

Pretty sure Branch made a couple of other plays on MM that game, including one where it was one-on-one and him missing the tackle meant a big gain for MM.
This coaching staff gets a lot of heat and sometimes rightly so, but credit to Gus and staff for helping develop a lot of these players. Cyprian being a main example of someone who appeared to end up a below average player. He's appeared to be on his way to having a good career here if he keeps it up. 

Gus has done a good job with his players always being ready to play hard, regardless of outcome, and player development. 

I think josh evans has played really well lately.
Quote:Dare I say Tyson Alualu?
He has always received unwarranted criticism.  He didn't draft himself out of order.  He is what he is a solid player who is a space eater.  I know they puffed him up after drafting him but that is just what it is and I won't complain about his play. 
Quote:Cyprien has been playing really well the last few games. Hopefully he can keep this up.

I fully expect Jonathan Cyprien to keep it up. He has been consistently making plays this season. Last year I was worried that might never happen and thought #33 (in 2013) was too high to draft him. This season he has been playing like a second round pick.

[Image: 635766338510462590-Jason-Myers-Jaguars.jpg]

Easy one:  Zach Miller.

Of course, he's on another team now, but man, he's playing well.

But seriously, probably Branch and Myers.

Les Miles will turn the team's corner. (Dreaming)
Quote:Dare I say Tyson Alualu?

He's been playing well and contributing for the last couple years.

But don't dare tell Joe.
Also have been playing well:

D.Robinson, C. Harbor

Quote:He has always received unwarranted criticism.  He didn't draft himself out of order.  He is what he is a solid player who is a space eater.  I know they puffed him up after drafting him but that is just what it is and I won't complain about his play.
. Alualu got injured in his first practice as a Jaguar, put off having surgery, and started showing more speed late last year. He has played pretty decent this year.
Quote:. Alualu got injured in his first practice as a Jaguar, put off having surgery, and started showing more speed late last year. He has played pretty decent this year.

What happened to him?

That first sentence reminds me of Dante Fowler, who unfortunately could not put off surgery.
Pages: 1 2