Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A shocking number of Americans don't have a toilet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A shocking number of Americans don't have a toilet

Did you celebrate World Toilet Day? The recent holiday is a good reminder to rejoice as you read this article on your phone, maybe even while sitting comfortably on a modern, porcelain toilet, which flushes with water so crystalline clean you could, in hard times, drink it without too much fear of dying. (We do not recommend doing that, by the way.)

http://theweek.com/articles/590312

No toilet? Sounds like a [BLEEP] way to live.

Toilet?
Who are these people that don't have toilets??
Quote:Who are these people that don't have toilets??

Mostly the Alaskans and And y'alls Kin in West Virginia  with outhouses.

A lot of Texans along the Rio Grande

90% of tack fans, though I assume their trailer park at least has one.
Quote:Mostly the Alaskans and And y'alls Kin in West Virginia  with outhouses.

I've been in some pretty back woods areas of WV, and even those people had actual toilets! Tongue
Quote:A lot of Texans along the Rio Grande

But then those aren't actual Texans, are they?
Quote:A shocking number of Americans don't have a toilet

Did you celebrate World Toilet Day? The recent holiday is a good reminder to rejoice as you read this article on your phone, maybe even while sitting comfortably on a modern, porcelain toilet, which flushes with water so crystalline clean you could, in hard times, drink it without too much fear of dying. (We do not recommend doing that, by the way.)

http://theweek.com/articles/590312

My question is who actually celebrates this?
Quote: My question is who actually celebrates this?

Have you ever been to India?
Quote: My question is who actually celebrates this?

You mean to tell me you don't?  I usually mark World Toilet Day on my calendar, top 5 holiday.  
Quote:Have you ever been to India?

I was in China and went into a public restroom (yes, it was necessary). No private stalls, meaning doors/dividers, and no porcelain toilets. Just holes in the floor to squat over.

It was then I realized just how Lucky/Posh I was to have a beautiful toilet on which to sit in a private room!

I've never heard of "Toilet Celebration Day" (or whatever it's called). But I'll celebrate it, sure!
Do trees count?

Quote:Have you ever been to India?
Not specifically, but have been to several European/African/Middle Eastern countries.  I have seen and used the "squat toilets" as well as been in some restrooms where you were not allowed to place toilet paper in the toilet... there was a trash can for that.  Yes it smelled really bad and yes it was gross.   Sick
Quote:I was in China and went into a public restroom (yes, it was necessary). No private stalls, meaning doors/dividers, and no porcelain toilets. Just holes in the floor to squat over.

It was then I realized just how Lucky/Posh I was to have a beautiful toilet on which to sit in a private room!

I've never heard of "Toilet Celebration Day" (or whatever it's called). But I'll celebrate it, sure!

Well, I was in China Town in SF. It turns out the restaurants all refuse to let you use their bathroom unless you pay to eat there, only we just recently had lunch. It's so crowded in China Town that I was running out of options. Fortunately I found a down stairway that let to some residences beneath the sidewalk, and sure enough they had a bathroom at the end of a hall. But wouldn't you just know it... the door was locked. I ended up having to pee on the door. They sure don't make it easy for you out there.