Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A change in fortune
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ever since I was laid off in Jax, and subsequently agreed to an offer in Cincinnati, their NFL records are:

Jaguars 2-0

Bengals 0-2

I apologize in advance to my new "home town" team, and congratulate the city I'm leaving.

Many people mock "believers"... those who pray, or those who simply choose to have a positive outlook on life.  Going through weeks of unemployment, I can attest that truly the power of positivity can, in fact, work miracles.

The negativity tried to work it's way in.  On a daily, hourly, and even a minute by minute basis.  It was an EXTREMELY dark time for me.  Had I been unable to keep my mind clear and my head on straight, things certainly wouldn't have turned out so well in the end.

BUT... after being tossed to the curb by a company who is in decline, I was sought after and picked up by one of the best companies in the industry.

Never give up.  Never give in to the negativity and fear that life may throw at you.  Your situation may not resemble anything near what it may seem at any given point in time.  Believe in you.  Invest in yourself.  Do work that improves your value and the value of the organizations you belong to, friendships you have, and your personal network.  You will not receive until you first give, and always give your best.  Fortunes will change in a positive direction, when you harness positive energy and reject the darkness that tries to keep you from reaching your success.

So...

GO JAGS!

and

Better luck Bengals!

Congrats, Pirk!  I wish you well in your move as well as your new job!
Good news! I'm so glad things worked out for you. Good luck in Cincinnati. Learn to embrace cold weather.
Quote:Good news! I'm so glad things worked out for you. Good luck in Cincinnati. Learn to embrace cold weather.

How do you learn to embrace it?! Someone teach me. I've lived my entire 25 years in this crap and I still cannot embrace it.

A few days ago we got 8 inches of snow, some places over a foot. Then it's supposed to be almost 60 and raining by Thursday.

I have no love for cold or snow.
Great news, congratulations.

Congrats on the new job, and never give up!

Congratulations pirkster and good luck in your new job.

Cincinnati? That must be one nice paying job. Congrats......................I guess. Smile

You know, 'tis but a short jaunt across the river to bourbon country from ol' Cincinnati...
At least it's not Cleveland. No wait, that's jugglers.

As someone who was laid off a few years ago, I know the feeling of uncertainty and clinging to faith.  I was fortunate enough to get a job with a semi-local company for a while (it was in St. Augustine), then opportunities opened up for me and I was offered a job back here in Jagsonville.  I just recently was offered a job (unsolicited) by a company that I used to work for, and they have been pursuing me big-time.  It feels good to me knowing that someone my age is still considered valuable to an employer.

Keep your head on straight, do your best and make the best of it.  I personally wouldn't want to relocate to Cincinnati, but sometimes you have to do whatever it takes.

The very best of luck to you.

I'm feeling you. I was just placed on involuntary medical leave from my  employer last Friday. I am not well enough to be a viable employee for them yet. Fortunately, they haven't given up on me altogether. They just want to see me get a little healthier and stronger before returning to work. It sucks that it happened right before the holiday season, but at least I have a job to return to next year.

Good luck in your endeavors in Cincinnati. That is the town of my birth. While it sucks to be leaving Florida for the midwest, at least it is a good career opportunity for you. Make the most of it.

Best of luck to you, my friend. Smile

Thanks all for the kind words.

And on top of it all, it was just announced Cincinnati will be playing in London.  :ph34r: 

This is getting out of hand... what next, Bengals to LA talk?  Trade for Gabbert?

I've got this.

Let me know what that chili on spaghetti thing is all about.

Quote:Let me know what that chili on spaghetti thing is all about.

That sounds just all kinds of wrong!!!
Chilli = good...

Spaghetti = good...

What's the problem?.. :thumbsup:

Skyline chili... good on anything.

Created by a Greek.  OPA!

Quote:Thanks all for the kind words.

And on top of it all, it was just announced Cincinnati will be playing in London.  :ph34r:

This is getting out of hand... what next, Bengals to LA talk?  Trade for Gabbert?

I've got this.

Wait a sec... are you now a Bungholes fan?  You should be BANNED and stripped of all mod privileges immediately!
Quote:That sounds just all kinds of wrong!!!

My idea of Chile and most people's idea of Chile is different.  I love a bit of red Chile on pasta whether it's spaghetti or lasagna.  It's also good on pizza and with fried eggs.
Quote:Wait a sec... are you now a Bungholes fan?  You should be BANNED and stripped of all mod privileges immediately!

I've already started following Cincinnati media on twitter.  Early reports are that their fanbase is about 50/50 split on the London game.

So, it's bizarre witnessing a second NFL city today going through the same process we did a few years ago.
Pages: 1 2