Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trap game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've been listening to the guys on sports talk radio and they are chalking the SD game up.

We cannot look ahead. I hope Gus has the Jags ready to play and not take Philip Rivers lightly.

Classic trap game..
A 4-6 team with a trap game?
[Image: 44878-Its-a-Chinese-finger-trap--Pan-NVs1.png]

teams that can barely squeak out 4 wins don't qualify for this scenario and no one is taking Rivers lightly

Why would anybody think this is a trap game? We just beat Tennessee. Everyone knows not to look ahead to the same opponent that lost in Jacksonville last week and has only two wins. Is Tennessee not going to be our next stop on the schedule? Last time I checked, it is our first game after San Diego.

Quote:A 4-6 team with a trap game?

My thoughts too.
We are not good enough to have trap games.

Quote:I've been listening to the guys on sports talk radio and they are chalking the SD game up.

We cannot look ahead. I hope Gus has the Jags ready to play and not take Philip Rivers lightly.

Classic trap game..
When you're 4-6 and in sole possession of third place in the worst division in football, there's no such thing as a "trap game". There are only, "Yeah, these guys are as bad as we thought they were," games and, "Oh, hey, maybe they're slightly less awful than we had them figured for," games.
Twap Game
Quote:We are not good enough to have trap games.

And the Titans are not good enough to give us trap games before we go to Nashville.
When's the last time this team legitimately walked into a trap game? Lord knows I can't remember. I assume we would have to go back to 07?
Quote:When's the last time this team legitimately walked into a trap game? Lord knows I can't remember. I assume we would have to go back to 07?

That would be my guess too as it's the last time they were a winning team that I can remember.
There's no such thing as a trap game for a team that hasn't had a winning record in almost a decade.   Let us know when these media guys are actually playing the game.  Otherwise, it's just their opinion.  Has nothing to do with the team.

I thought that a "trap game" was when a team with a winning record was playing a team with a losing record, and the team with a winning record was "expected" to win.  I see two teams with losing records facing off on Sunday.

There's no such thing as a trap game for us. Trap games are there for teams expected to win. We have not gotten there yet.... lol

GO JAGS!!

Anyone who follows the Jags since the 1999 season knows we don't have trap games. We haven't been good enough to look past anything, including our own scrimmages.

Quote:I thought that a "trap game" was when a team with a winning record was playing a team with a losing record, and the team with a winning record was "expected" to win.  I see two teams with losing records facing off on Sunday.

Specifically a trap game is when that happens before an important game against a winning team. Green Bay's home loss to Detroit was like a trap game because the next week the Packers traveled to Minnesota.

Jags shouldn't be looking past anyone

Quote:Jags shouldn't be looking past anyone

We don't look past anyone. No game on our schedule is supposed to be an easy win for us.
We really should cream San Diego though LOL.

Quote:We really should cream San Diego though LOL.

No we shouldn't. I watched the Bears/Chargers game a few weeks ago. Philip Rivers had no problem throwing to backups after Malcom Floyd got hurt. That injury reduced the Chargers to only three healthy wide receivers.
Pages: 1 2 3