Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cleaner Air - Faster Ice Melting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's time for a new Climate thread, so I'll lead it off with this doozy:

http://www.adn.com/article/20151122/clea...study-says

"That's the amount of ice melt, according to the study's calculation, that's likely to be attributable to reductions of human-caused emissions of sulfur dioxide and similar light-reflecting air pollutants by the end of the century. That figure will account for 25 to 40 percent of the expected seasonal sea-ice melt, depending on future emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases, the study says."

Time for another round of Climate Change Theater!

Here's your link, it's nice that France is telling the world what they better do. I'd be interested to know what the consequences are if they don't.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2...lks-france

What's that? You'll talk some more? 

“If there is no agreement by Saturday, of course I will take the initiative. I will see the different groups with the facilitators,” he said. 

Yep, looks like it. I wonder if the motivation is still the same? 

On financing, for instance, he said there was general agreement that rich countries would ensure the funds promised to poor nations to help them cut emissions and adapt to global warming would be forthcoming.

Silly boy, of course it is! How can the AGCC Clergy othewise retain their "resplendent" surroundings?
Big meeting's next month if I'm not mistaken. There will be lots of talk. Obama will be there and everything. Maybe even a republican or two.
Quote:Big meeting's next month if I'm not mistaken. There will be lots of talk. Obama will be there and everything. Maybe even a republican or two.

The fact that Obama will give a speech is sure to raise the global temperature by at least .02C, the Earth can't tolerate the amount of gas that comes from that guy's mouth.