Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chargers Talk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
These links are from the San Diego fishwrap.

Love the dig at the end of the report card. [/s]

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-card-nfl/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...l-week-11/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...-analysis/

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news...ers-gates/

This appears to be a team that has at least come close to hitting rock bottom.

Let's give them one more loss to ensure they get there.

Still no real respect lol
Quote:Still no real respect lol
Respect is earned and the Jags haven't done enough to earn it yet.
I like the dig at the end as well.  Hey let everyone believe that this team is still trash and an easy win.  I like the improvement we are seeing for the team but wins are still hard to come by for them.

It sure is hard to watch a good team decline.  2000 for the Jaguars was rough.

On top of the relocation talk, almost feel bad for charger fans.
Quote:On top of the relocation talk, almost feel bad for charger fans.
almost... but not really.
Quote:I like the dig at the end as well.  Hey let everyone believe that this team is still trash and an easy win.  I like the improvement we are seeing for the team but wins are still hard to come by for them.

It sure is hard to watch a good team decline.  2000 for the Jaguars was rough.
The media hacks sure are talking a lot of smack about Jacksonville being the worst town in the NFL stops when perhaps they are months away from not being one.

sounded like recycled trash from a journalist who hasn't done any homework on the Jags

To be fair, every place in this country looks bad when you live in San Diego

Could this be the weakest DL well face so far?

19 sacks on the year. 31st in points allowed.

Seems recently every opponent is either good against the run and bad against the pass or vice versa. This is the first defense that is bad against both run and pass.

If we can protect Blake he should shred their defense.
It's a trap!
Trash talk, reminds me of high school. My school is better no mine is lol. That's all this is trash talk. I was stationed in San Diego it's not all that. If it was then they would not talk about moving the team to LA.
Quote:Respect is earned and the Jags haven't done enough to earn it yet.

Where were you when the Jaguars got tons of respect from the media last week?
Quote:The media hacks sure are talking a lot of smack about Jacksonville being the worst town in the NFL stops when perhaps they are months away from not being one.

How could we be worse than Oakland, who is in their division?

Cleveland? Cincinnati? Philly? Detroit? Atlanta? St. Louis?

I'm being very generous to other cities here......
Quote:To be fair, every place in this country looks bad when you live in San Diego
Love the city
Quote:Where were you when the Jaguars got tons of respect from the media last week?
the only 'media' who've shown us 'respect' are the homers. get over it.
Quote:the only 'media' who've shown us 'respect' are the homers. get over it.
Fantasy guys, like Adam Rank
The Chargers are as beat up as ever right now, they have to travel across the country for this one, and are reeling on the field. We need to keep them reeling.

Gordon is proving to be an absolute bust so far, but I say that with a slight word of caution only because the Jaguars have allowed a few RBs their breakout performance that puts them on the map. Jerome Bettis made his claim to fame as a rookie with the Rams against the 49ers, but it was his breakout performance against the Jaguars with the Steelers that really got him going. Shaun Alexander was a virtual nobody with the Seahawks until one day he broke out against the Jaguars and kept it up the rest of the season. I recall their being another RB within the past could years doing the same, but it escapes me who this was. I doubt this would happen with Gordan against the league leader in yards per carry, but to be on the safe side we should treat Gordon like we would any big name RB by making sure we stop him.

On the flip side the Chiefs RBs were having a virtual field day against the Chargers defense, and I kept picturing Yeldon tearing it up. This might be a game where we want to feed our young RB a bit more, but not at the expense of being the downfield passing team we know we are. I'm hoping for once we can win decisively so we don't have to worry about a missed kick or a bad ref call. There's reason to believe this can happen provided our pass rush holds up. The only slight threat the Chargers brought against the Chiefs were a few player where their pass rush got to Alex Smith.

This is a game where the Jags prove they can take advantage of slumping teams. We have to keep our foot on the gas pedal and not give up these easy games, or we'll forever be labeled as a "free win/rebound game".

I'd be very disappointed if TJ Yeldon doesn't have a big game, the Chargers run defense is easily one of the worst in the NFL. Greg Olson needs to run the ball 30-35 at this defense, our run game needs to "get healthy" against the Chargers.

Pages: 1 2 3