Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Teal or Bold Gold?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm not sure it will ever come to this, so this is almost certainly a hypothetical question.

But, if the Jaguars decided to ditch the teal altogether and replace it with gold (so gold sleeves on the home jerseys and the "Bold Gold" alternate jerseys) how would we feel ?

I might be wrong, but I think the current ownership prefer gold and black (the pictures of the inside of Shad Khan's yacht certainly suggest he likes the colours !). And the teal is such a small part of our uniforms these days - would it really matter if we moved on now ?
If it was gold with black pants it would be more acceptable..

Quote:If it was gold with black pants it would be more acceptable..

Gold and Black is too much like the Saints colors.

Let's go with Bold Teal.
Quote:Gold and Black is too much like the Saints colors.

Let's go with Bold Teal.

Yeah I agree.. Although I just meant if we had to go with Gold, it would look better with black rather than Bold Gold..
Those gold uniforms were ugly as hell.

Please bring back the teal.

And fix the helmets.

I prefer gold to teal. The gold unis would have been 1000x better with black pants but pretty much all these colour rush uniforms would have looked better with contrasting pants.

Quote:I prefer gold to teal. The gold unis would have been 1000x better with black pants but pretty much all these colour rush uniforms would have looked better with contrasting pants.

Agreed.
Bring back the teal. But I didn't hate the gold like some people.

Quote:I'm not sure it will ever come to this, so this is almost certainly a hypothetical question.

But, if the Jaguars decided to ditch the teal altogether and replace it with gold (so gold sleeves on the home jerseys and the "Bold Gold" alternate jerseys) how would we feel ?

I might be wrong, but I think the current ownership prefer gold and black (the pictures of the inside of Shad Khan's yacht certainly suggest he likes the colours !). And the teal is such a small part of our uniforms these days - would it really matter if we moved on now ?

I want teal.   Teal is our original color.   When we got the team, we all went out and bought teal stuff.    I have a lot of teal stuff in my closet.   Changing color is just a way to get more money out of us.   Besides, I like teal better than that so-called gold.    
Quote:Those gold uniforms were ugly as hell.

And fix the helmets.

It's official.  They're the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, possibly in all of professional sports.
Quote:Those gold uniforms were ugly as hell.

And fix the helmets.
Those 'gold' uniforms were laughably ugly... first off, they didn't look 'gold', they're more like mustard or dehydrated urine yellow. Our ridiculous 'two tone' helmets have long been universally regarded as the ugliest helmets in the NFL. Why did we move from the classic teal uniforms and helmet??? They looked good and distinctive. 

Get over it Shad... the original uniforms were the best. Give us back the original look!
If they go with Gold, I want shiny gold facemasks as well.

Even winning doesn't make our uniforms better.  Oh yeah and especially the awful helmets.

Ugh gold is the worse thing to happen to jacksonville in 20+ ysars.
Quote:Ugh gold is the worse thing to happen to jacksonville in 20+ ysars.

I believe you have that confused with Gene Smith. It's an understandable mistake.
If we go with gold, I want contrasting black horizontal stripes on the pants so we look like bumblebees.... We could look like an old SNL skit.... " We doan need no steenking teal"

lets quit calling it gold.  it's dark mustard.  and we have the ugliest uniforms in all of football... gold or no gold.  

The gold jersey will probably be worn once a year as an alternate jersey, which is fun imo. They won't change again so soon after the over haul of our jerseys, so those freaking out shouldn't be alarmed. 

Sheesh.

"Gold is the worst thing to happen to Jacksonville in 20+ years."

I was thinking more along the lines of cutting the police force, nickel and diming the fire dept, and over taxing the people of Jacksonville and not using the money wisely, but I guess the color gold is bad too... :whistling:

Please...no gold or mustard, or whatever color they're going to call it.
Pages: 1 2