Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Does everyone want to go to the playoffs and why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I think everyone can acknowledge were not good enough to actually compete with most of these playoff teams?

Does anyone really want an empty playoff appearance at the cost of a potential defensive stud just so they can say "hey we made the playoffs!!"

Leave ur thoughts in the comments below Smile

Um, always want to make the playoffs.
I think making the playoffs would be far more beneficial. It think it would go a long way for the confidence of this young team. Look at the panthers. Last year they snuck into the playoffs in a weakdivision. This year they are rolling. Dave is a capable drafter. I have confidence in him getting good players regardless of where we are drafting.
Seattle went in a few years ago with a losing record then went on a roll. Couple seasons ago panthers went in with a losing record and are now dominating. So yes I want playoffs.
I don't understand your logic. We are already past the point of being in a position to draft a "stud" without trading up. 

Of course you want to make the playoffs. Not pretending like we could win the SB or anything but if we got a draw like Pittsburgh on wild card weekend, anything could happen.

Playoffs. Winning is better for a team in the long run than a higher draft pick.
Quote: 

Does anyone really want an empty playoff appearance at the cost of a potential defensive stud just so they can say "hey we made the playoffs!!"

One of the dumbest questions I have seen on this board
Course we wanna go to the playoffs! It's a step in the right direction. Give all of our very young team the confidence for next season, know they are the afc south champs.Gives this team hope for the future as well. Plus it doesn't matter where we pick in the first round, a immediate impact player can be found anywhere in the first 3 rounds. Plus with our record and current remaining schedule we're not gonna be picking in the top 5, and picking in the top 5 doesn't matter this year cause in my opinion there is no "can't miss" guys in this draft, the draft is deep this year... Back to the original point, YES we absolutely want to make the play offs.
Winning is the most important thing
Most of the AFC is just weak sauce. There are only 3 legitimate playoff caliber teams (Pats, Bengals, Broncos). And, the Bengals/Broncos aren't exactly stellar. They're both capable of laying "Duds" on any given week.

The rest of the AFC is all bunched together. Every one of those teams can compete and beat each other any week (Okay, maybe the Titans and Browns are still a slight notch below them all).

Really, the Jags can compete with:

Steelers

Bills

Raiders

Jets

Colts

Texans

Dolphins

Chiefs

Any 2 of these teams can come out as WC teams.

Parity in the AFC is abundant. The Jags belong in a group of 10-11 teams that are all grouped together. So, yes. The Jags are competitive with the middling AFC,, and could be in a playoff spot.

I want the Jags to make the playoffs. They are not far off from most of the AFC competition.
Wow...

Corn.. Just corn...

Best response I can think of..
Quote:Wow...

Corn.. Just corn...

Best response I can think of..

Cornoffs??
Quote:Does anyone really want an empty playoff appearance
[Image: 600842.gif]
Playoffs no question. Why do you play the game? To win the game, not for a draft pick like the stupid clots.
Unfortunately, I think we just played our Super Bowl on Thursday night.

Of course.  The playoff experience would be good for Bortles.  Not to mention it'd draw free agents.

Quote:I think everyone can acknowledge were not good enough to actually compete with most of these playoff teams?

Leave ur thoughts in the comments below Smile

You're a clown for that comment.
Gotta be in it to win it. Is this really a serious question?
This panthers thing is really unsubstantiated. Theyre not just magically playing better because they made the playoffs.

Quote:I don't understand your logic. We are already past the point of being in a position to draft a "stud" without trading up. 

Of course you want to make the playoffs. Not pretending like we could win the SB or anything but if we got a draw like Pittsburgh on wild card weekend, anything could happen.
 Were currently picking 10th i believe. Thats not past the point.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6