Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jessica Jones on Netflix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is anyone else watching this? I've watched the first 5 episodes and it's a very different kind of superhero show. It's even darker than Daredevil and not because she's fighting more threatening enemies, but because she's trying to recover from what another gifted person did to her. Apparently she was an Avenger (in the comics) until this guy shows up. 

I haven't quite understood it all until I read this article which is like a Cliff's Notes version of her story. And if you don't know her story and plan to watch the show, I recommend the article. The actress playing her, Krysten Ritter, is doing quite well with the heavy material. I'd only seen her in an episode of The Blacklist before this so I had no idea what to expect. The other actors do well in their parts, too. 

If you like gritty, dark and somewhat violent storytelling then this is worth a look. I'm not usually into stuff this dark and violent for a series, but after seeing and loving what Netflix did with Daredevil I wanted to give this a try. Now I'm kind of hooked. 

I'm 4 in so far. It's definitely different and there's a good reason for it too.
Quote:I'm 4 in so far. It's definitely different and there's a good reason for it too.
I was actually up to episode 7 instead of 5. They go by quick. Tonight I watched 8-10. The husband is on night shift this month so I can binge all I want on shows he has no interest in while he's at work.

The Simpson fellow is interesting. Being as I'd never even heard of Jessica Jones until Netflix said they were making the show, I have no clue who anyone is other than the main folks. Simpson is odd. 

I heard or read somwhere Matt Murdock or Daredevil shows up at some point and I have a feeling it will be the season finale and that will lead into Daredevil S2 in April.

I watched all thirteen episodes I thought the show was alright not great. Hopefully when they make the Luke Cage and iron fist series will have a better story behind it.

Quote:I watched all thirteen episodes I thought the show was alright not great. Hopefully when they make the Luke Cage and iron fist series will have a better story behind it.
I guess I like Jessica's story because I can relate to having to overcome some pretty horrendous circumstances, though without the ability of super strength, which probably is a good thing.

I am looking forward to Luke Cage's story after seeing him in JJ. I know nothing of Iron Fist. Will have to read up on that.
I've seen it pop up on my Netflix, I think I'll start it as soon as I've finished Sons Of Anarchy.

Binge watched the entire series the weekend it came out. Thought it was fantastic. David Tennant does a great job as Kilgrave. Looking forward to more Marvel Netflix series. 

Quote:Binge watched the entire series the weekend it came out. Thought it was fantastic. David Tennant does a great job as Kilgrave. Looking forward to more Marvel Netflix series. 
I love David Tennant. He rocks anything he does.