Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Allen Hurns on SportsCenter right now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great guy, glad he's getting the respect he deserves.
Did they say anything interesting or was it the usual rigmarole? 

They were mainly talking about how the Cowboys could turn the season around..... but they did ask Allen about how the Jags are turning the corner
Before the interview they asked him a few questions. They asked him why he wears number 88, and he said because he couldn't wear number 1. Why can't he? Is there someone on the team already wearing it or is it retired??

Quote:Before the interview they asked him a few questions. They asked him why he wears number 88, and he said because he couldn't wear number 1. Why can't he? Is there someone on the team already wearing it or is it retired??
WR cant wear number 1. 1 is for QBs
Quote:WR cant wear number 1. 1 is for QBs

Oh okay. I remember the numbers system now, I had a total brain fart. Thanks!

1-19= qbs, kickers

10-19, 80-89= receivers, tight ends

20-49= running backs

I'm not sure about the rest lol
I know the number rules, but why 88? It sounds like he was not thinking of Michael Irvin or Dez Bryant. He could have picked an available number in the 10-19 range or 81.

A lot of famous #88 WR besides Michael Irvin, including Chris Carter, and Marvin Harison

-------------------------------------------

Too bad he couldnt keep his #1.

Quote:A lot of famous #88 WR besides Michael Irvin, including Chris Carter, and Marvin Harrison.

Cris Carter wore #80.
Quote:I know the number rules, but why 88? It sounds like he was not thinking of Michael Irvin or Dez Bryant. He could have picked an available number in the 10-19 range or 81.
Well considering he was an UDFA, i think he just took whatever was assigned to him. He can't wear #1 because of the rules so he has to wear 10-19 or an available number in the 80's. Marqise Lee had first dibs at #11 (2 #1's) by virtue of being a 2nd round pick. here's who was wearing each # at the time Hurns was signed:

10- Josh Scobee

11- Marqise Lee

12- Mike Brown

13- Tommy Streeter

14- Justin Blackmon (i guess it's being held out of rotation while he's suspended?)

15- Allen Robinson

16- Denard Robinson

17- Tandon Doss

18- Ace Sanders

19- Brian Anger

80- Tony Washington

81- Mickey Shuler

82- (Jimmy Smith's #, held out of the rotation)

83- Damian Copeland (another UDFA WR, hurns could have had this # as well)

84- Cecil Shorts

85- Nic Jacobs

86- Clay Harbor

87- Marcel Jansen

88- Allen Hurns (number he was assigned or picked from the remainder)

89- Marcedes Lewis

From what it seems like, it was really between #83 and #88 as every other number was taken by a marginal player signed earlier in the offseason or the previous season/signing period.

While we're on the topic, I think that #82 should be Reissued to Hurns or Robinson and have that number be associated with "Perennial great Jaguars' WR's" like what USC does with the #55 and their LB's and what Dallas does with #88, Drew Pearson, Michael Irvin, and now Dez Bryant all wear it. How cool would it be to have Jsmooth and ARob as well as some other great WR down the line rock the 82. adds a little to the tradition of the franchise and building our "mystique"
Hurns signed way before Shuler did. Shuler played against us in the pre-season before he signed Tongue

Quote:Cris Carter wore #80.
Oh my bad... sry
Quote: 

While we're on the topic, I think that #82 should be Reissued to Hurns or Robinson and have that number be associated with "Perennial great Jaguars' WR's"

I think we should slow down before we start mentioning "Perennial great Jaguars WRs"
I really enjoy watching Allen Hurns & Allen Robinson I hope they continue to improve and remain healthy as the most lethal WR duo in the NFL!

The Jags have wide receivers.  The Jags not only have wide receivers, they have 3+ impactful ones with names in NFL radar.  The Jags have wide receivers?

Do you know how long?

Thank you ARob, Hurns, Caldwell et al

They fit Blake's rude style of ball.  Rude to me: fearless, tough, muscly, sometimes reckless but purposeful ball.  I like.