Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: PJMedia: Columbia Student in Anguish Because She Has to Read Books by White People
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Oh Boo Freaking Hoo......

She'll never survive in the real world

Someone made this up right? To expose news outlets that don't fact check right? Right? please?

This has to end.
I should have done far more with my white privilege.  I feel like I totally missed the boat on this.  

Quote:This has to end.

Oh, it will.
I can't believe there are people in this world that just look for reasons to be offended.

Oh...and the girl in the article is pretty ridiculous too.

Quote:Someone made this up right? To expose news outlets that don't fact check right? Right? please?
Unfortunately, no. The student cited has a Facebook page, and the first post visible on her page brags about the comments that have been posted on the stories about her.

I kind of think she's doing it for attention, tbqh. If she's not, she dumb.
Maybe she's in the wrong place.  It's like going to a mosque and complaining that she shouldn't have to read the Koran. 

Quote:Maybe she's in the wrong place. It's like going to a mosque and complaining that she shouldn't have to read the Koran.
There is one minor hole in this argument, but on the whole, this is a pretty good analogy.
Sounds like someone making an excuse for doing poor in their classes
All this for one college student?

I am so sick of this white privilege crap. The US was where Europeans went to escape whatever horror they were facing in their homeland and guess what? Most of those Europeans were white. And that's who founded this country as we know it today. White folks did. And did they do it because they were the superior race? No, they did it because they were the ones here to do it. They were the ones to establish laws, states, colonies, schools, businesses, etc. So yeah, pretty much everything was about the white people. They were the majority. They still are to my knowledge. 

None of this means that the majority of things is intentionally white to go against people of other ethnic backgrounds. It means it's catered to the majority. If people of other ethnic backgrounds want more of their people represented then they need to become educated on how to make that happen and do it. Look at Tyler Perry. He wanted more black movies in theaters and instead of crying and moaning about the lack of black cinema, he figured out how to get movies made and did it. Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor made it in acting and stand-up comedy by going out there and learning the craft, working their butts off and making it happen. Morgan Freeman, Denzel Washington, Halle Berry, Regina Hall. They all made it because they WORKED FOR IT. Same with the music industry. And the Asians have anime which is not mainstream but certainly has a large fan base. Hispanics have the same with their telenovelas.

If people want better than what they have they need to work for it and stop complaining about why they don't have it. Yes, there is a good old boy network that still exists in this country and will eventually die off and until then there will be a bias and it will be harder for minorities to get what they want (and women in general for that matter), but people will never get what they want, and more importantly deserve- unless and until they work for it.  

Oh, and I read somewhere that black folks are unhappy because they'll go into a typical grocery store and see their hair care products in an area designated for ethnic hair. Ummmmm......there are places designated for asian food, hispanic, italian, gluten free, halal and organic. It's called making things easier to find. There are skincare products sectioned the same way. No one is trying to make you feel like crap by putting your 'whatever' into it's own catagory/area. They're trying to make it easier to find. Should I pitch a fit because gluten free products have their own section? Heck no! I'm thankful they have a section so I don't have to go to the overpriced health food store. If you don't like that ethnic products aren't available in travel size, write to the company of said products and find out if they even make the stuff in travel size. Don't complain that the store doesn't carry something that might not even exist. 

Sorry for the rant. I'm just so tired of hearing people complain instead of making things happen in a positive way.

You know, she could always transfer to the University Of Zimbabwe...
Quote:You know, she could always transfer to the University Of Zimbabwe...

I'll donate to that..
Quote:There is one minor ho In this argument, but on the whole, this is a pretty good analogy.

Fixed
It's just a scam. Read books? I guess she hasn't finished the latest Jet magazine.