Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars looking at daquan bowers..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Cant be worse than what we got tbh
Clemons is a dinosaur out there on the field.
Quote:Clemons is a dinosaur out there on the field.

Somewhat agreed. He has his moments but he looks old. Really old. Its sad too because Clemons has had a wonderful career. 
That's what happens to most 34 year old DEs. It's not Clems fault, it's part of the game. This is without a doubt his last season in the league, and like Bass said, he's had a helluva run.

As far as Daquan is concerned, I would prefer a guy who's knees aren't made of jello.
Can't complain. Any help on the D line is welcomed as far as I'm concerned.
can he play rb?

Bowers is around 290 lbs, so he's not going to be a LEO in any capacity. He's seems like a good guy to kick the tires on since he has some talent, but injuries have derailed his career up to this point. If he's full healthy, he wouldn't be a bad backup behind Odrick now that Alualu is starting at DT.

I seen Kendall Hunter is working out for the Pats.
Jags need to spend another high draft pick on a DE.  Even if Fowler is good we need a rotation there.  I don't think Clemons will be signed.  I could see signing Branch to a modest contract for depth.  You get the feeling his story isn't completely written yet. 

Bowers appears to be making the rounds. He's already worked out for the Panthers and they passed.

Before the Bucs released him he started showing some success as a 3-tech DT, but not enough for the Bucs to keep him. As a 4-3 DE before moving inside he simply stunk. The Jaguars are probably looking at him to provide depth alongside Bennett behind Alualu.

Quote:Jags need to spend another high draft pick on a DE.  Even if Fowler is good we need a rotation there.  I don't think Clemons will be signed.  I could see signing Branch to a modest contract for depth.  You get the feeling his story isn't completely written yet. 

I get the feeling that Branch's peak as a player occurred this past Thurs
day with his game-winning sack.

Alualu had a good game on Thursday. If we can plug some holes in FA (Bruce Irvin, o line) we could win ths division going away next year.