Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Davis is good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seems like he played more snaps and produced a sack. Hope this continues
I heard Gratz was ahead of him on the depth chart.

Quote:I heard Gratz was ahead of him on the depth chart.
Gratz is too valuable in the secondary to risk on the defensive line.
Quote:I heard Gratz was ahead of him on the depth chart.

They don't play the same position.
Shaking my head in dismay...

Quote:Gratz is too valuable in the secondary to risk on the defensive line.
lol. Gratz drives me nuts.
Quote:They don't play the same position.

Are you sure?
Then why would they be on the unofficial "coaches' depth chart" listed 3/4 at LEO?

Backup CB is actually a DE in the Bradley scheme.
Quote:Backup CB is actually a DE in the Bradley scheme.
CLEO?
Ryan Davis is the back up CB. Am I doing this right?
Quote:Gratz is too valuable in the secondary to risk on the defensive line.

I thought this was a J dub post before I saw your avatar. It was only pure comedic coincidence that J dub posted a J dub post right after you.
Gratz cant cover as good as Davis

Yes they do
They need to put him out there on 3rd downs with Chris Smith. Let Clemons and Branch play the rest, but i'm tired of seeing them fall on their face or get pushed 5 yards back EVERY 3RD DOWN.

Quote:They need to put him out there on 3rd downs with Chris Smith. Let Clemons and Branch play the rest, but i'm tired of seeing them fall on their face or get pushed 5 yards back EVERY 3RD DOWN.

Chris Smith needs more PT too! But at the same rate, I think Clemons is still better than Smith
Quote:Chris Smith needs more PT too! But at the same rate, I think Clemons is still better than Smith
Clemons is garbage and has been invisible this year. He has 2 Tackles and 1.5 more sacks than Chris Smith does, yet Clemons has played in 7 more games than Smith this season...

Unless Clemons has some super hidden special edge setting role at the Leo position, I really don't see the point of not giving somebody with some actual developmental upside some snaps.

But, that's really not surprising considering some of the other personnel decisions we've seen this season.
Just for a mix up on a few downs, I'd like to see them put Gratz or McCray out at Colvin's spot at CB, and then put Colvin at LEO. I realize Colvin is only 6', 190 lbs, but boy is he quick.

Quote:Just for a mix up on a few downs, I'd like to see them put Gratz or McCray out at Colvin's spot at CB, and then put Colvin at LEO. I realize Colvin is only 6', 190 lbs, but boy is he quick.

He's already leading the team in sacks!
Quote:Just for a mix up on a few downs, I'd like to see them put Gratz or McCray out at Colvin's spot at CB, and then put Colvin at LEO. I realize Colvin is only 6', 190 lbs, but boy is he quick.
Back in the day, we had a backup QB who liked to play DE on the scout team. He was about Colvin's size. I wasn't a wonderful OT, but I wasn't bad (kept the scholarship...). When he lined up at DE, he pretty much killed me. If I could get into his body, he was done, done...but if he didn't respect the possibility of a run and just sprinted to where the QB was gonna be...I was done. So, not an irrational thought on your part...altho we'd need someone to hold the edge against a surprise run...

Jim
Pages: 1 2