Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What we have learned for the 2015 Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. No more goal line or power formations inside the opponents redzone.  We are not good enough to power fun the ball in.  Spread the field and let a receiver get open or put Bortles on the move.  

2. Bench Gratz:  The guy just stinks.   Give McCray his job back

3. Myers is growing.  I think that game winner last week gave him some confidence

4. Cyprien is proving to be a capable safety.  I wouldn't call him great but serviceable.

5. We have a good set of young core players: Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Yeldon.

I've learned that they're a much improved bunch from the 2014 Jaguars, but still have a way to go to be considered "formidable"

Huge improvement over last year. Bortles/Robinson/Hurns all ascended. Yeldon has proved to be worthy of his 2nd round selection. Joeckel and Cyp have both taken a step to serviceable. The only negative is injuries (Linder, Marks, Fowler, etc.) which have killed both our lines, Continued fail of halftime adjustments, and not putting together an entire game. 

I think if we notch two or three more wins this season, See the above players continue their progress this season will be labeled a huge success. Im not worried about Gus, He's (super slowly) getting it, The titans game was his best Coaching game. He did somewhat well with adjustments, Really well with Clock/flags/timeouts. 

Get alualu off the field period. 

He is terrible on those short yardage run formations. 
The media is noticing our vast improvement this season. It is not showing up on the scoreboard enough, but the offense is way better now than last year. I can't say enough about the Allens. Bortles also is playing much better.

Gus Bradley is a better coach than many fans give him credit for, but three Denard runs inside the 5 was not very smart. After it fails the first time, tell Blake to throw it.

Injuries are always a problem, but all teams get them. More specific to the Jaguars are turnovers and defensive penalties. We need to cut those out to win more games.

If I could LOVE this post, I would. <3 Everything is very accurate.

It's nice to see us win. We still have some work. I think our secondary can be pretty good with an upgrade from Brown and more pressure. And offense the offensive line MUST be addressed thus off season. We are terrible. On the plus side, I'm loving the pass blocking Yeldon is providing. Gus bought himself another year. Not sure if that is bad or good but you can see the confidence in this team now.
Quote:Get alualu off the field period.

He is terrible on those short yardage run formations.

Lol all your posts these days are about Alualu. He had did some nice things moving inside in place of Marks including sacking Mariota. Hardly a liability.
I learned that even though we have Fowler waiting, we still need to focus on a pass rusher.
Quote:It's nice to see us win. We still have some work. I think our secondary can be pretty good with an upgrade from Brown and more pressure. And offense the offensive line MUST be addressed thus off season. We are terrible. On the plus side, I'm loving the pass blocking Yeldon is providing. Gus bought himself another year. Not sure if that is bad or good but you can see the confidence in this team now.

Gus Bradley never buys himself another year. No matter what our record is, Shad Khan will not fire him. That is a good thing because we are much better on offense and getting closer to that that thing called the playoffs.

Quote:I learned that even though we have Fowler waiting, we still need to focus on a pass rusher.

You do realize we also are missing Sen'Derrick Marks, right?
Quote:Lol all your posts these days are about Alualu. He had did some nice things moving inside in place of Marks including sacking Mariota. Hardly a liability.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400791632

No he didn't. 
Team with a lot of heart. Much improved, especially offensively
Quote:Team with a lot of heart. Much improved, especially offensively
This. The hate Gus faction needs to realize that Gus's style has kept this locker room behind him...I mean, really, really behind him. Most of the issues that are being slowly resolved haven't been on the head coach...the position guys? Maybe, but the HC office is actually pretty competetent. He, like the team, is maturing. When you hear Poz say that the team would do anything to keep Gus safe, you realize that Gus is a guy who will generally keep the team behind him. Would another head coach do a better job? Maybe, but he'd have an uphill battle against the posterior hurt that losing Gus would cause. And now that there actually IS a core group coming on, it may be very wise to keep Gus on for another year or...

Jim
The thing that excites me most as a fan is Blake's improvement, as well as the WRs and Yeldon. But really, more than that, with the exception of the Pats game, we've been competitive in every single game this year. It's an amazing feeling.

A couple other things we have learned...

In addition to the play of Robinson, Hurns is real.

Walters is a nice find with a knack for getting open.

Quote:1. No more goal line or power formations inside the opponents redzone.  We are not good enough to power fun the ball in.  Spread the field and let a receiver get open or put Bortles on the move.  

2. Bench Gratz:  The guy just stinks.   Give McCray his job back

3. Myers is growing.  I think that game winner last week gave him some confidence

4. Cyprien is proving to be a capable safety.  I wouldn't call him great but serviceable.

5. We have a good set of young core players: Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Yeldon.
#1. Totally agree! I thought we would've learned that lesson already via Gerhart.

#2. 100% agree! Why is this guy even on the team? He's pathetic!

#3. Meyers is doing better, but whiffing that easy field goal in the ravens game still tells me he's too inconsistent. 

#4. Cyprien is okay... just okay.

#5. We do have some good young players in Hurns, Robinson, and Yeldon. We might have a franchise quarterback in Bortles if he'll just learn to use his brain more. I'd much rather see him throw the ball away more than his penchant of making bad decisions

and tossing interceptions.

#6. While he seems 'better' than he did last year (which ain't really sayin' much...), Joeckel is still getting beat regularly, along with Beadles.

#7. Walters is impressive too. We're looking pretty good with our receiver corps.