Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: In terms of overall talent, are the Jaguars good enough to beat a team like Seattle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

We have Bortles, The Allens, TJ Yeldon, Julius Thomas, Marqise Lee, Bryan Walters, Shoelace, Marks, Odrick, Branch, Poz, Telvin, House, Colvin, and McCray (I do not know why this team continues to start Gratz over McCray). I think we could definitely match them blow for blow at least, and ARob and Hurns could shut Richard Sherman up. In a real life game- I could see us beating Seattle 20-13. What do you guys think?

Yeah we could play with most teams in the league right now except Pats and Cards. We have a good level of talent its all about our execution going forward. Guys on the team are getting comfortable and getting in their groove. We have some solid pieces, gonna be a good future for us jags fans.
No.

Yeah we definitely could. Seattle doesn't even look particularly good this year anyway. We have such a talented WR corp that we theoretically could move the ball around enough to defeat Seattle's Legion of Boom.

No.

Skill position wise we'd do okay.

Trenches?

No.

I don't think we could block them offensively or get off their blocks defensively.

Absolutely not.
If Bortles doesn't throw INT's, this team can beat anyone with a losing record.

On paper, not even close. But fortunately for the Jags, the game is played on the field, not on paper. The trouble with Seattle is not the talent....I suspect it is the space between the ears and attitude that is causing them hard times these days. Unless one is in the locker room day in and day out, it's hard to get a realistic read on what is going on with them, but clearly something is amiss. This thread should be considered for entertainment purposes only because if you're seriously considering the two teams talent levels.............like I said, not even close.

no

What ever happened to "any given sunday" am I the only one who thinks we could beat just about any team.

Their defense trumps ours.
The Jaguars have all the talent they need on the field. Their deficiencies are other places.

Usually I am an optomist about the Jags, but this question I would have to answer no. We have to have a better line to give Bortles more time for throws and open lanes for the run to take the pressure off the pass. Our offence cannot get consistant enough until that happens. On defence, we need ,as they said last night, more speed on the line to get to the QB for sacks and hurries to help the pass defence.

As someone has already said we have some really good skill players, we are getting better in the trenches, but there is a world of room for improvement in that part of the game. That is, however, another piece of the puzzle and I think we will be there very soon.
Quote:No.

Skill position wise we'd do okay.

Trenches?

No.

I don't think we could block them offensively or get off their blocks defensively.

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR O-LINE??
People like to down the Jags a lot. Seattle looks terrible this year, what about their team makes them so scary? Their defense isn't even as good this year as it has been in the past. Russell is the most sacked QB in the NFL, Lynch been getting bottled up and is one bad play away from IR.

Quote:The Jaguars have all the talent they need on the field. Their deficiencies are other places.
We have no passrusher
Yeah, Seattle isnt looking good and their Oline sucks like ours, if not worse. We have more weapons, I mean they have almost no one, Lynch has been hurt or just not playing well and same goes for Jimmy.

The jags have talent, it's just their talent is still raw and mistake prone.

Once they develop the experience to go along with the talent, they will be able to match up with anyone.

Absolutely.

The problem with this team runs deeper than the talent on the field, for the most part.
I bet you that if we were to play Seattle, that'd be the game that they will finally figure out how to utilize Jimmy Graham and he'll have a monster game

Pages: 1 2 3