Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: REFs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Looks like the Refs wanted the Titans to win. Apart from the various PI calls and holding calls (Which we didn't get any replay),  Even holding calls on Defensive line (#97 Roy miller).  I see something very obvious

Take a look at this video on Blake's interception. #92 is putting hands to the face on #60 (AJ Cann) thereby getting some pressure.  Look at the 00:03 secs that was a blatant foul(hands to the face) that was missed.  Without that pressure Blake would be able to step up in the pocket and made a better decision. 

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015111900...tab=videos

They were trying to get us back from last week
Hey, we won in spite of it. I think that's the most important thing for the team to focus on because we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt until we're more nationally relevant. Good teams win in spite of ref blunders.
I thought the fans were gonna pull their seats out of the aisles and throw them on the field when Colvin got that PI. Hopefully the Boos came through loud and clear on tv. That was the worst penalty I have seen in at least 5 years. Colvin was in tight coverage, but never touched him. Awful.
Quote:I thought the fans were gonna pull their seats out of the aisles and throw them on the field when Colvin got that PI. Hopefully the Boos came through loud and clear on tv. That was the worst penalty I have seen in at least 5 years. Colvin was in tight coverage, but never touched him. Awful.
You could hear it on the broadcast. That was ridiculous. Plus the non delay of game penalty when Walker tried to come back in. Sure they made him come out but they reset the play clock and no penalty for it
I don't know if it showed on TV but the side judge that threw that flag was at least 40 yards away from the play
Quote:I don't know if it showed on TV but the side judge that threw that flag was at least 40 yards away from the play

The announcers mentioned that on the broadcast.
Quote:Hey, we won in spite of it. I think that's the most important thing for the team to focus on because we're not going to get the benefit of the doubt until we're more nationally relevant. Good teams win in spite of ref blunders.
Very well said! Someone should point that out to the ravens...
Man I cursed so loud at the Bank last night from this crap I swear a few of the Refs could hear me from the nosebleeds

Quote:Man I cursed so loud at the Bank last night from this crap I swear a few of the Refs could hear me from the nosebleeds

Surprised you weren't flagged for found language
Quote:Very well said! Someone should point that out to the ravens...

Doesn't apply to teams playing Jax
Quote:I thought the fans were gonna pull their seats out of the aisles and throw them on the field when Colvin got that PI. Hopefully the Boos came through loud and clear on TV. That was the worst penalty I have seen in at least 5 years. Colvin was in tight coverage, but never touched him. Awful.

I am sure you have seen much worse penalties in the last five years. The DPI on Colvin was terrible because #22 never took his eyes off the ball. He was just doing his job. But there definitely have been more blatant penalty calls against us.

During that drive CBS noted Tennessee only gained 10 yards on offense and got 48 yards from our stupid penalties. We need to be more disciplined on defense, but come on man, no way did Colvin interfere with anybody.
Quote:Very well said! Someone should point that out to the Ravens...

The Ravens can't win in spite of bad calls/noncalls because they suck. We played better than they did Sunday. But let them whine all they want, I don't care.
The most obvious terrible call was:

In the first half, The Titans had the ball with 3:00 left. The play clock ran down and a delay a game was called with 2:20 left on the game clock. The ball was re-spotted, the play clock was reset, and then the game clock started rolling again all the way down to the two minute warning. The Titans were able to run a full minute of game clock without running a single play. If this was called correctly, then teams with the lead would never have to run a play. Just keep getting delay of game calls and run the clock out. 

Quote:The most obvious terrible call was:

In the first half, The Titans had the ball with 3:00 left. The play clock ran down and a delay a game was called with 2:20 left on the game clock. The ball was re-spotted, the play clock was reset, and then the game clock started rolling again all the way down to the two minute warning. The Titans were able to run a full minute of game clock without running a single play. If this was called correctly, then teams with the lead would never have to run a play. Just keep getting delay of game calls and run the clock out. 

LOL That's ridiculous. Remember when a side judge was suspended over 18 seconds in San Diego? You would think game officials were better at keeping track of time after that.

Quote:The most obvious terrible call was:

good astute observance. I was thinking the same. That is really a dumb rule if thats how it works. 
Quote:I thought the fans were gonna pull their seats out of the aisles and throw them on the field when Colvin got that PI. Hopefully the Boos came through loud and clear on tv. That was the worst penalty I have seen in at least 5 years. Colvin was in tight coverage, but never touched him. Awful.

The chorus of boos was so loud (on TV) that they woke up all three of my pit bulls, who pretty much sleep through anything...
The PI against Colvin was one of the worst ones against the Jags I can remember.

Quote:Good astute observance. I was thinking the same. That is really a dumb rule if that's how it works. 

Both the game clock and play clock are supposed to stop when a delay of game penalty is called and restart after the ball is placed on the LOS. I have no idea how either of them could have kept running with a flag on the field.
Quote:The PI against Colvin was one of the worst ones against the Jags I can remember.

Worst call of the night by far. Don't throw a flag on #22 and the Titans don't score.
Pages: 1 2 3