Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: We are in Division race and the Wildcard race
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not only are we in the Division race we are also in the wildcard race, people its a great time lets enjoy it

Its 8 teams with 4 and 5 wins and 1 team with 6 wins in the AFC

And its 13 teams in the NFL with 4 wins lol

We also have the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL

Cinderella team baby.

Anyone remember a year with so many mediocre to bad teams? Our jags have talent and I'm happy for the players. Boy it would be awesome if they could beat the chargers.
Quote:Anyone remember a year with so many mediocre to bad teams? Our jags have talent and I'm happy for the players. Boy it would be awesome if they could beat the chargers.
3 wins in a row, the city is gonna go nuts.
You guys think 7-9 in our division would put us in? That's 3-3 the rest of the way. My gut feeling is that we end 7-9, the Texans end 6-10, and the Colts finish 7-9 also, but take the division because of the divisional wins.
Quote:3 wins in a row, the city is gonna go nuts.

You couldn't blame them. I hope it happens!
Quote:Not only are we in the Division race we are also in the wildcard race, people its a great time lets enjoy it

Its 8 teams with 4 and 5 wins and 1 team with 6 wins in the AFC

And its 13 teams in the NFL with 4 wins lol

We also have the easiest renaming schedule in the NFL
Right now...our best chances are the Division race.
Quote:You guys think 7-9 in our division would put us in? That's 3-3 the rest of the way. My gut feeling is that we end 7-9, the Texans end 6-10, and the Colts finish 7-9 also, but take the division because of the divisional wins.

If you win out on divisional opponents we may end up with the division based on common opponents. Colts lost to jets and bills. We obviously won those. Maybe someone with better knowledge of tie breakers can help out.
Quote:Right now...our best chances are the Division race.
Agreed.  How surreal is it that we've been told from the start with this regime that year 4 was the year where we'd compete for the division title?  Boy, they never saw the division falling apart the way it has this year!  No matter, I'll take it.  It's progress that we're still playing relevant games in late November, and that we could be playing for a division title in a few weeks. 

Love it.

I'm also starting to look ahead to the Chargers game and I'm getting giddy. Their Oline is god awful which should be a big help to our pass rush. Their pass rushers are no where near as good as Tenn. and they are also banged up like Tenn.

I'm enjoying this win and looking ahead and can actually enjoy a stress free Sunday watching Redzone.

Quote:Love it.

I'm also starting to look ahead to the Chargers game and I'm getting giddy. Their Oline is god awful which should be a big help to our pass rush. Their pass rushers are no where near as good as Tenn. and they are also banged up like Tenn.

I'm enjoying this win and looking ahead and can actually enjoy a stress free Sunday watching Redzone.
I know I will be rooting like heck for Atlanta and the Jets this week.
Quote:You guys think 7-9 in our division would put us in? That's 3-3 the rest of the way. My gut feeling is that we end 7-9, the Texans end 6-10, and the Colts finish 7-9 also, but take the division because of the divisional wins.

The Colts and Texans are 4-5 with games against the Falcons and Jets Sunday. Here is the rest of each team's schedule:

JAGUARS

Chargers

@ Titans

Colts

Falcons

@ Saints

@ Texans

COLTS

Buccaneers

@ Steelers

@ Jaguars

Texans

@ Dolphins

Titans

TEXANS

Saints

@ Bills

Patriots

@ Colts

@ Titans

Jaguars

On paper Houston has the hardest remaining schedule. Losing to the Patriots is almost guaranteed. I can see the Week 17 matchup being for the division title, but am more worried about the Colts.
The house is gonna be rocking, Steelers vs Jaguars.  wildcard game.  A shootout between Big Ben & Antonio Brown vs Blake Bortles, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, Yeldon, Julius Thomas.  We got more weapons.

Quote:The house is gonna be rocking, Steelers vs Jaguars. wildcard game

Those division games are like playoff games. I just hope we can jump on tenn in a couple of weeks.
We are in the division race but we're two games behind the nearest wild card spot. I wouldn't call that being in the race.

Quote:We are in the division race but we're two games behind the nearest wild card spot. I wouldn't call that being in the race.

It is pretty obvious we have no chance at a wild card spot. There already are at least four teams fighting for two spots in the AFC. Chances are good the division winner will have a losing record like Carolina did last year.
Quote:We are in the division race but we're two games behind the nearest wild card spot. I wouldn't call that being in the race.
6 games to go, we are still in it, yes the division is closer but, heck 8-8 team might still be a wild card team, and its possible for us to go 4-2 which would put us at 8-8
Quote:6 games to go, we are still in it, yes the division is closer but, heck 8-8 team might still be a wild card team, and its possible for us to go 4-2 which would put us at 8-8
Has there ever been an 8-8 wild card team though? Conventional wisdom is 10 wins gets you in, 9 wins requires a tiebreaker and 8 wins is coming up short unless you win the division. 
Colts up coming looks pretty easy but knowing Luck is out maybe they will drop a few more... But all that matters is if we are able to win.

I don't see the wildcard as a real possibility.  If we go 8-8 I think we'll take the division and might have a chance at 7-9, but normally you need 9-7 or 10-6 for a wildcard. 

Pages: 1 2