Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: " DESPERATION' THROWS TOWARDS AR15 NOT TO HIM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I almost cringe when I see opposing teams show blitz against us.

I've sen bb5 call out adjustments to this scenario 3 out of about 25 times its happened. ( 1 out of 11 last night)>

When bb5 does not call an audible to counter an apparent blitz he is under heavy pressure almost every time

and he almost never completes the attempted pass in that situation.

And when he has called an adjustment..he is rarely successful.

a few times he has been able to escape the blitz-er. a few times out of 25 opportunities.

It looks to me like he is getting beat up so much it has started to make him skittish and nervous and has effected his overall play.

I realize" we have who we have" this season on our o-line and i also realize that defensive coordinators have figured out that success against bb5 comes from the blitz.

It just sucks that he gets mauled and cant get enough time in the pocket to let a route develop.

Do you realize that most of the catches ar15 has are balls that bb5 just lets fly when hes about to get hammered?

these arent timing routes.those are desperation throws

this is throw the ball in the general vicinity of ar15 and hope he can adjust to the ball ( which he always has to do because it rarely hits him in stride).

I SUPPOSE that we will have to wait until sometime in the middle of net year before we could expect our oline ( with new players). to jell and start giving the qb some better protection.

There is no fixing it this year...that seems apparent

We are really missing Linder.
Yeah, Bortles throws a lot of jump balls to AR15 taking advantage of his 6'3" with 40"+ vertical leap.   I thought AR15 was gonna get drilled and possible get injured with one of those jump balls with 3 dbs around him.

As a defensive back during the week, you can't practice those scenarios.  It isn't natural to cover a wide receiver in a jump ball situation.  Your options are to hit them to early and get a flag or try to disrupt their hands so they can't hold on to the catch.  AR has good body control and is playing better than I thought he would.

Honestly these guys are better than I thought they would be at the WR position.

Quote:We are really missing Linder.
I know Sad
Quote:I almost cringe when I see opposing teams show blitz against us.

I've sen bb5 call out adjustments to this scenario 3 out of about 25 times its happened. ( 1 out of 11 last night)>

When bb5 does not call an audible to counter an apparent blitz he is under heavy pressure almost every time

and he almost never completes the attempted pass in that situation.

And when he has called an adjustment..he is rarely successful.

a few times he has been able to escape the blitz-er. a few times out of 25 opportunities.

It looks to me like he is getting beat up so much it has started to make him skittish and nervous and has effected his overall play.

I realize" we have who we have" this season on our o-line and i also realize that defensive coordinators have figured out that success against bb5 comes from the blitz.

It just sucks that he gets mauled and cant get enough time in the pocket to let a route develop.

Do you realize that most of the catches ar15 has are balls that bb5 just lets fly when hes about to get hammered?

these arent timing routes.those are desperation throws

this is throw the ball in the general vicinity of ar15 and hope he can adjust to the ball ( which he always has to do because it rarely hits him in stride).

I SUPPOSE that we will have to wait until sometime in the middle of net year before we could expect our oline ( with new players). to jell and start giving the qb some better protection.

There is no fixing it this year...that seems apparent
I suppose we could go max pro and run 2-3 routes each play...

I think we should run TJ and Drob out of split back sets, with some options for blake...

but alas, we are not coaches... we should just sit back and try to enjoy the ugly wins Smile
What do you do when they're showing 7 or 8 guys at the LOS, ready to pin their ears back and attack? Honestly, what's the call there if you've got 3 or 4 WR's on the field? Does at least one of them move to pass protection? Do you just take your chances that a short route will get open right away? The coaches need to prepare the offence for that. There aren't a lot of savvy veterans out there.

I think Blake may actually get a comfortable pocket to work in against the Chargers.  The D-lines we've played this past month have been pretty brutal. 

The offense needs to do a better job of communicating pre snap. There were too many times where yeldon had no idea who to block

Designed....running back....screens.

Quote:The offense needs to do a better job of communicating pre snap. There were too many times where yeldon had no idea who to block

In other cases they blitzed more guys than we had to block.  There were guys in Blake's face before any one of the receivers even turned around to try and catch the pass.  There are actually people trying to blame that on Bortles.....he has no chance.  The interception is all on Bortles....a couple of the sacks he holds the ball too long, but Tennessee had a good game plan.
Quote:In other cases they blitzed more guys than we had to block.  There were guys in Blake's face before any one of the receivers even turned around to try and catch the pass.  There are actually people trying to blame that on Bortles.....he has no chance.  The interception is all on Bortles....a couple of the sacks he holds the ball too long, but Tennessee had a good game plan.
ur correct.... he has basically not enough time to let the play develop.

id like to see 1 of those fancy stat trackers re. how may seconds each nfl qb have between the snap and the pressure cause it sure looks like bb5 has pressure immediately after the snap
Regrettably true. BB is 'compelled' to make far too many 'desperation' passes down field. He needs to learn to just throw the ball away instead of dumping it down field in the general direction and area of one of the Allens. That's one of the reasons why he gets picked so much. 

I suppose it's a maturing issue; at some point, BB will learn that it's better to just 'throw the rock away' than to make an off balance desperation hurl and hope the right person comes down with it. 

i love blake

They aren't all desperation throws.  If A. Robinson is in single coverage - it's part of the game plan to give him a chance at a 50/50 ball.  If you watch any of the pressers - Blake, Olson and Bradley have all stated this multiple times. 

Still - while Blake is pretty good under pressure compared to many young QBs, he does let if fly a few too many times in those situations. He will likely get more savvy about throwing some of those out of bounds as he matures and the line improves. 

Am I the only one who wants to see Blake just let it rip vs San Diego?

OL priority #1 in the offseason.  Bottles is getting sacked way too much (some are his fault/most are not) and we can't gain a yard inside the 5 yard line or on 3rd and short.

Quote:Am I the only one who wants to see Blake just let it rip vs San Diego?

No, I love it when he airs it up!  The oline has to give him time (so that the WRs can run the routes & that he can plant his feet & make the throw)!
Quote:What do you do when they're showing 7 or 8 guys at the LOS, ready to pin their ears back and attack? Honestly, what's the call there if you've got 3 or 4 WR's on the field? Does at least one of them move to pass protection? Do you just take your chances that a short route will get open right away? The coaches need to prepare the offence for that. There aren't a lot of savvy veterans out there.
Idk why we don't seem to be able to adapt to an obvious blitz.

I see other teams do it all the time and it's maddening to watch us line-up, see the blitz coming , see no adjustments, and see blake get bum rushed
Quote:They aren't all desperation throws.  If A. Robinson is in single coverage - it's part of the game plan to give him a chance at a 50/50 ball.  If you watch any of the pressers - Blake, Olson and Bradley have all stated this multiple times. 

Still - while Blake is pretty good under pressure compared to many young QBs, he does let if fly a few too many times in those situations. He will likely get more savvy about throwing some of those out of bounds as he matures and the line improves. 
This.  Those passes are intentional to take advantage of a 6'3" receiver with a 40" vertical being covered by a 5'10" corner.  They're really not 50/50 balls when you have that kind of advantage.  He makes that catch almost every time.
Pages: 1 2