Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'll admit it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have not been a fan of Davon House and Roy Miller. Tonight I learned that they are both cornerstones in our defense. House has forced 3 turnovers over the last 2 games. And while Millers impact on the game doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He routinely swallows up the gaps give our LBs a chance to make plays.

Honorable Mention : Jared Odrick was a force also last night
Haha they've been two of the best on the defense for a while now...

Quote:I have not been a fan of Davon House and Roy Miller. Tonight I learned that they are both cornerstones in our defense. House has forced 3 turnovers over the last 2 games. And while Millers impact on the game doesn't show up on the stat sheet. He routinely swallows up the gaps give our LBs a chance to make plays.

Honorable Mention : Jared Odrick was a force also last night
Miller was beasting at times. Was in the backfield alot.
Davon House is the best DB we have had since Rashean Mathis was in his prime....seemed like many people disliked him for....?reasons?
House is a solid #2.

We will hopefully draft a CB in round 1.

Pass rush bruh
Fowler Bruh
Quote:Fowler Bruh

Unproven rookie coming off an injury, guy.
Quote:Unproven rookie coming off an injury, guy.

A new MLB chief
Quote:Unproven rookie coming off an injury, guy.
So you want to draft a proven rookie?

Aren't all rookies unproven?
Quote:Aren't all rookies unproven?

Points is you draft another for insurance reasons, hoping they both pan out and you have two dominant pass rushers.

A good pass rush makes the entire secondary better.
GRATZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Please sit down and stay there.

All I can say is can we please find someone, anyone that can cover a darn Tight End for at least 10 plays a game.  Probably need another speed backer with stronger route recognition.

Quote:Davon House is the best DB we have had since Rashean Mathis was in his prime....seemed like many people disliked him for....?reasons?

Well obviously Gus did too, he benched him for Gratz. Thats classic.
Quote:Points is you draft another for insurance reasons, hoping they both pan out and you have two dominant pass rushers.

I thought one of the reasons they went Fowler was bc Caldwell looked at the 2016 crop of pass rushers and felt they weren't very good. I could be wrong. A DB may make more sense in the 1st rd.
We've not had a dominant pass rusher since Tony Brackens! It's time to make that position a strength. They'll most likely cut Clemons and possibly Branch, so they definitely need to beef that position up A LOT! 

Quote:I thought one of the reasons they went Fowler was bc Caldwell looked at the 2016 crop of pass rushers and felt they weren't very good. I could be wrong. A DB may make more sense in the 1st rd.

That could be. I'd be ok with a DB like Hargreaves or a pass rusher. Really wouldn't complain with either direction
House had his struggles before elevating his play recently, but what did you have against Roy Miller? No one has ever said he'd be more than a great run stuffing DT, which is what he's been.

Quote:Points is you draft another for insurance reasons, hoping they both pan out and you have two dominant pass rushers.

or target FA for LEO to pair with Fowler (Clem can go)

and then draft another LEO in the mid rounds (hoping to hit eventually)

That way round 1 could be LT, DT, MLB, or FS
Pages: 1 2