Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Observations from game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. Upper deck was very empty on both sides of stadium. Was a bit surprised with that seeing as it was a prime time game. Maybe potential weather kept people away?

2. Halftime was cool with Dufner, Sneds, Cauley, Funk, and some rookie who beat all them in a wedge contest. Maybe cause I like golf. If I hated it, it probably would have sucked.

3. Cold beer tastes good, even if it is $8.

4. Did we run it 3 times from the 2 or was I just drunk? If they really did this and I wasn't just drunk, why? Did they just want to play it safe and make sure we tied the game at worst case scenario?

5. I feel like we should have gone for it on 4th and short with just over 2 minutes left. Sure, Gus would have gotten hung out to dry if it didn't work, but I just felt like it was the right time to do it and cap the game.

6. Mariota is not very good. I was very frustrated when he scored that TD. I feel like they should just have Telvin Smith spy the guy the entire game next time.

7. The Bortles pick was horrible, but he was coming off that amazing pass to AR15 and probably felt invincible. BB5's ability to bounce back and not play timid after a bad play should give everybody a good feeling for the future.

8. I will need to re-watch the game on DVR, but the reffing seemed very one sided. One of those drives was just awful.

9. The "Get Loud" videos are weird. Mainly Odrick's.

10. Failed ex-Jag jerseys should be banished from the stadium.

Did you see leftwich, gabbert, matt jones jerseys?
I saw a Jurivick jersey. #64

It was all faded out. I gave him a high five
I was surprised by how empty the upper deck looked on TV.  In the past even when we stuck the primetime games seemed to bring in a pretty decent crowd.  I guess the years of awful football has just slowly eroded the fans.... hopefully the attendance picks back up a little as we'll actually have some meaningful games coming up soon.  And I dont know if NFL Network just didnt have mic's pointed towards the crowd or if it was just the lousy attendance, but it sounded really quiet the entire game.