Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Why does Gus allow that to happen? 3 runs to Denard inside the 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It boggles the mind, this literally just happened a few weeks ago in London against Buffalo, the Jags inexplicably gave the ball to Toby Gerhart 4 times in the redzone. You would think Gus would've had a conversation with Greg Olson about that terrible sequence, but yet they allow a similar situation to happen again. They choose to feature Denard Robinson in the redzone on an offense that ha  Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, Julius Thomas, and TJ Yeldon, pure incompetence on the part of Gus and the offensive staff, this is cause for true concern.

Bone head playcalling, Gus Bradley looks like he's coaching his first game every week. Its ridiculous. At some point, we need results.
So much for all the pre-game talk about getting the ball to Thomas in the red zone. Just a smoke screen to get our 200 pound scatback wrecking ball RB three chances.

Because ice cream. And sprinkles.
Agreed, pure incompetence. It's a reoccurring them ever week.

Don't we already have a fire Gus thread?

I agree, btw. If Gus were going to learn, he'd have done so by now.
Quote:Agreed, pure incompetence. It's a reoccurring them ever week.

Buddy, you've obviously never seen Gus sling an ice cream scoop or you'd extinguish all talk of incompetence regarding him.
Poorly coached team. Seriously Bradley must have a video of Khan and Caldwell going at it, that's the only reason I can think he's still in charge.
If Clay Harbour doesn't wiff on the kickout block then Robinson scores easily.
Quote:Buddy, you've obviously never seen Gus sling an ice cream scoop or you'd extinguish all talk of incompetence regarding him.
I've heard Gus can launch a scoop of ice cream through the uprights from 70 yards away...on his knees!
Could be a combination of protecting the rookie rb as well as the 2nd year qb
Quote:Poorly coached team. Seriously Bradley must have a video of Khan and Caldwell going at it, that's the only reason I can think he's still in charge.

i wouldnt think something as trivial as a simple quarrel would warrant blackmail
Quote:Could be a combination of protecting the rookie rb as well as the 2nd year qb

Nah.....

Harbour wiffed and Wiz got exploited and bullied all night.
all night
Quote:all night

I didn't know he was that bad.
Meh, I don't think Gus gets too involved with the offensive play calling. And really he shouldn't.
I'd rather see Yeldon get it 3 times in a row and fail than Robinson or Gerhorse get it 3 times and fail.  Put your best back out there and ride with him.

Quote:If Clay Harbour doesn't wiff on the kickout block then Robinson scores easily.
EXACTLY! HE RAN RIGHT BY HIS BLOCK. IS HE BLIND?  THE MIDDLE OF THE FIELD WAS WIIIDDDEEEE OPEN IF HARBOR MAKES THAT BLOCK
I agree with the criticism, but you know what?   Winning means we can still fix it.  

Of course, later in the game, 1st and goal at the 5 yard line, we threw the ball, so maybe they have already fixed it.  

Quote:Meh, I don't think Gus gets too involved with the offensive play calling. And really he shouldn't.
inclined to agree. I hang this on Olson. What is he thinking??? Or is it that he gets to close range at the goal line so infrequently, that he actually doesn't know what to do when it happens? But no.... we had almost the same exact thing happen recently with Gerhart when we were at the goal line and tried running up the middle four times in a row! Please, please! Someone explain to Olson that he doesn't have to call run up the middle if we get close to the goal line.
Pages: 1 2 3