Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Should you Speak About Playoffs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gus says no.

Just worry about this game.

Really?  You don't want to give your team hope?  You don't want to tell them that this win is everything toward a playoff picture?

"WE just worry about this game, and then we'll worry about next week" 

I'm sorry, Gus is not smart enough to do the whole Belicheat thing.  I think he doesn't want to talk about playoffs because he just wants to focus on "improvement".  

Any real coach would be hyping up players about being in the hunt.  I mean, I'm no professional athlete, but I know the difference between a motivational coach and a coach that is just lacksidasical.

Bradley seems way too loose.  

NFLN---Hey, if you win, you'll be in the playoff hunt.

Gus---We don't talk about playoffs.

What????  

Have you seen this team play?

The last thing these players need to do is focus on the future. They need to take it one day at a time and get the wins, thinking in advance will only distract them.

Playoffs? Playoffs Playoffs?

I would just like to score a TD against the tacks.

if we made  the playoffs,  The steelers would blow us out at home 72-3

I thought it was common place in professional sports to just focus on the next game and not look that far ahead.
Hey, it's important that we just realize that we have a group of young players.  Nothing more matters.

Why worry about being a well coached team?  It's more important to worry about why we are gonna figure out why we are a team of youth.

LOL...  Our team is weakness personified.  Just figure out how to play the game, please.

Quote:I thought it was common place in professional sports to just focus on the next game and not look that far ahead.

I'm sure they just tell the media that, to think teams don't look into the post season and think to themselves "that could be us" doesn't seem realistic.  
Quote:if we made  the playoffs,  The steelers would blow us out at home 72-3

And we'd pick in the late 20s in the draft.
we're 3-6.  why are we thinking playoffs?  this team needs to get better.  Just because we are in the worst division in the history of football doesnt change that.

Anyone who thinks this team is going to the playoffs is delusional
Why are the Jaguars coaching players to catch the ball? They should be thinking about the touchdown on every play! Because that's a thing that works, right?
Quote:Gus says no.

Really?  You don't want to give your team hope?  You don't want to tell them that this win is everything toward a playoff picture?

I'm sorry, Gus is not smart enough to do the whole Belicheat thing.  I think he doesn't want to talk about playoffs because he just wants to focus on "improvement".  

Any real coach would be hyping up players about being in the hunt.  I mean, I'm no professional athlete, but I know the difference between a motivational coach and a coach that is just lacksidasical.

What????  

Realistically y ou shouldn't. 1 day and 1 game at a time. 
Bortles is gonna lead this team to the playoffs this year and for years to come
It's important for the coach to keep the team focused on the game ahead.

But when a talking head asks about your chances to make the playoffs, the answer isn't, "we're not talking about playoffs"

The answer is, the goal is winning the division.  The answer is,"we are preparing our team to be winners.  We are prepared to win this division".

The incorrect answer is, "we're not talking about playoffs, we're just focused on 1 game at a time".

Winners who are looking to win their division do what BB5 did in his post game interview.

BB5 knew that he and the team are focused on getting to the playoffs.  Our idiot Head Coach should take a pointer from our QB.

Really? You don't want to give your team hope? You don't want to tell them that this win is everything toward a playoff picture?

I'm sorry, Gus is not smart enough to do the whole Belicheat thing. I think he doesn't want to talk about playoffs because he just wants to focus on "improvement".

Any real coach would be hyping up players about being in the hunt. I mean, I'm no professional athlete, but I know the difference between a motivational coach and a coach that is just lacksidasical.

What????
If there was ever a time for a Jim Mora rant, this is it.

[Media] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE&app=desktop[/media]

Really? You don't want to give your team hope? You don't want to tell them that this win is everything toward a playoff picture?

I'm sorry, Gus is not smart enough to do the whole Belicheat thing. I think he doesn't want to talk about playoffs because he just wants to focus on "improvement".

Any real coach would be hyping up players about being in the hunt. I mean, I'm no professional athlete, but I know the difference between a motivational coach and a coach that is just lacksidasical.

What????

Dude, this is such a joke. If he mentioned playoffs you'd be complaining that he's talking about playoffs when the team has a losing record. We get it. You have an agenda.
Yes, playoffs a big possibility.  we have momentum. the players are fired up and see the opportunity The people of jax are getting hyped up.  we are like the cinderella team in March Madness basketball.   AFC South Division Champions.