Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Carson compares Syrian refugees to "rabid dogs"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/19/politics/b...index.html

Keep talking, Ben. Trump and Clinton are laughing all the way to the bank.

How can anyone consider someone as flat-out stupid as Ben Carson for President? The man's a genius, absolutely brilliant, but he's also a complete idiot. My history teacher once shared some wisdom with me: a wise man keeps his mouth shut and lets others assume he's a fool. A true fool opens his mouth and removes all doubt.

Please, Dr. Carson, keep talking. I can think of a lot of things worse than having Donald Trump, a centrist in disguise, running the country. One of them is having a total nutjob, completely disconnected with all elements of reality and boasting all the tact and verbal eloquence of Lloyd Christmas in charge.

I see where he's coming from but he's not really doing himself any favors in how he's saying it.

And something everyone needs to remember is not all terrorists are from Syria. I think a lot of people are so focused on Syria they're not seeing the bigger picture. Every refugee needs proper screening, not just those from Syria. I hope the folks who do this stuff don't miss something because they were so focused on a particular group of people.

Right, because Trump mouthing off has really hurt him in the polls. You also seem to think that a bunch of Americans disagree with him. It'll only take one domestic incident for him to the poster child of the coming Islamist backlash.

Quote:Right, because Trump mouthing off has really hurt him in the polls. You also seem to think that a bunch of Americans disagree with him. It'll only take one domestic incident for him to the poster child of the coming Islamist backlash.
I think Trump is immune to some extent because he's a loudmouth, we know he's a loudmouth, we expect him to be a loudmouth and he's never presented himself as anything but a loudmouth.

Carson is some kind of backwards, anti-science trailer trash hick masquerading as an intellectual. He doesn't have the same amount of "stupid leash" that Trump does.
The American people are far more concerned about making sure that they are not blown up when they go to the mall than being the Word Police at this point.  

What's idiotic is the left asserting that we have to take as many of these people as we can fly over here while the director of the FBI is waving his hands saying that there is absolutely no way to vet these people.  With the emergence of ISIS we are seeing a new paradigm in recruitment of terrorists.  We have a female being radicalized in less than six months to the point that she blows her self up to the cause.  

As a ploy to increase casualties she called out to officials as a poor woman in need to bring people into her blast radius.  We see children being taught to kill infidels without mercy or remorse.  The people advocating the relocation of potential terrorist assets to this country are the ones who are misguided.  

On a more personal note i find your comments about Dr. Carson to be bigoted and deeply insulting.  You don't have much respect for people of faith.  I can understand that.  you have a right to believe what you want to believe, but when you result to such derogatory name calling and childishness its hard to sit here and take you seriously.  Here's what i challenge you to do.  Go get a news camera this Saturday and go to a Jewish temple.  tell them about your theory about how Israel shouldn't exist and that Jewish Statehood is the root of all evil in the world.  See what the Internet says about you then.  

And if you want to talk about someones ability to make decisions about foreign policy, when you're talking about the woman who was first lady when we declined Osama Bin Laden as a prisoner i think there't little contest.  

By the way, there is a group of us still waiting on baited breath for you to produce Sadam Hussein's Haliburton stock certificates registered to his current address.  

Don't forget that you and I are more or less on the same page on refugees. I don't have a problem with bringing them over, but I'd prefer we find offshore alternatives and don't believe they should be released into society.

I don't judge people based upon their faith. I have beliefs myself, believe it or not. I form opinions about people based upon their words and actions. Dr. Carson has proven again and again that while he may have the brightest medical mind in the country, his grasp of basic things like time, science, telling the truth and basic human decency is laughable. He says the sort of things that I expect to hear at a trailer park, not coming from a presidential candidate. He is trailer trash masquerading as an intellectual.

I have never once said that Jewish statehood is the root of all evil, or that it's evil at all, and that's a complete fabrication on your part. You can [BLEEP] right off with that.

As to your last point, keep waiting. I'm tired of telling a brick wall that he's red.
Did you or did you not tell me that israel should not exist?
Quote:Did you or did you not tell me that israel should not exist?
Edit: You know what? Screw it. No, I don't believe that Israel should have been created. I believe that its creation was one of the first, and easily the biggest nail in the coffin for US-Arab relations. That's why. It has nothing to do with beliefs, with good vs. evil, with any of that. It's solely based upon years of studying international relations and coming to my own conclusions about why the world is the way it is.

I think it's equal parts amusing and pathetic that you feel the need to try and paint me as anti-semitic to "win" this "argument".

So how is what i said a ckmplwte fabrication?
Quote:I see where he's coming from but he's not really doing himself any favors in how he's saying it.

And something everyone needs to remember is not all terrorists are from Syria. I think a lot of people are so focused on Syria they're not seeing the bigger picture. Every refugee needs proper screening, not just those from Syria. I hope the folks who do this stuff don't miss something because they were so focused on a particular group of people.
You are right with that first sentence. I agree with it, sadly, because it shows how PC our country is right now. If you aren't PC then people think you're evil.
Quote:So how is what i said a ckmplwte fabrication?

wut?
Quote:So how is what i said a ckmplwte fabrication?
Because you're implying that I'm anti-semitic, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

*Edit: Also because I've never used the word "evil" in conjunction with Israel, and it's never, never been about Jewish statehood. You're putting words in my mouth, and frankly, you're starting to piss me off with that garbage.

Parking lot
Quote:Carson is some kind of backwards, anti-science trailer trash hick masquerading as an intellectual. He doesn't have the same amount of "stupid leash" that Trump does.

See, when you say stuff like this no one can take you seriously. The world renowned Brain Surgeon is masquerading, hmmm?  Rolleyes

I don't think Carson should be president, but to discount him to the lowest of intellectual cellars is foolish.
Quote:Because you're implying that I'm anti-semitic, which couldn't be farther from the truth.

*Edit: Also because I've never used the word "evil" in conjunction with Israel, and it's never, never been about Jewish statehood. You're putting words in my mouth, and frankly, you're starting to [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off with that garbage.

Take your weapon. Strike me down with all your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!
Quote:See, when you say stuff like this no one can take you seriously. The world renowned Brain Surgeon is masquerading, hmmm?  Rolleyes

I don't think Carson should be president, but to discount him to the lowest of intellectual cellars is foolish.
One of the smartest people I know manages a fast-food joint. One of the most, errr, not-smart people I know is a doctor.

Carson is book-smart and a medical genius, but his grasp of many other aspects of life seems to be far from educated. He's in completely over his head, and far out of line. A lot of the things he says are the sort of things that I'd expect to hear from a trailer park, not from a world-renowned brain surgeon and Presidential candidate.
Carson says what he thinks, right or wrong.  What he says, a lot of times, is what a majority, or at the least a very large segment, of American people who aren't running for political office say almost every day.  Ben Carson has already said that he doesn't care for PC and thinks censorship prevents open discourse in America and he's 100% right.  You may disagree with what he says, but it brings the conversation to the table.  A muted politician is status quo with the same stump speeches ad naseum.  

You know Ben Carson's opinion on the issues.  The Clinton's and Bush's of the world?  Whatever's politically expedient at the time.  

So let me get this straight... You rail about how israel shouldnt exist, cite it as the inciting incident to sour us arab relations.

I then bring up the fact that you blamed jewish statehood (israel) as the root of all evil (youve repeatedly called them terrorists and murderers) and thats a gross fabrication?

Lol im not trying to imply anything. I simply brought up your past oppinions that some might find wanting.

I was wondering how you could miss that but then i saw the (my friend is smarter that the brain surgeon comment) and it made a lot more sense.
Quote:Carson says what he thinks, right or wrong.  What he says, a lot of times, is what a majority, or at the least a very large segment, of American people who aren't running for political office say almost every day.  Ben Carson has already said that he doesn't care for PC and thinks censorship prevents open discourse in America and he's 100% right.  You may disagree with what he says, but it brings the conversation to the table.  A muted politician is status quo with the same stump speeches ad naseum.  

You know Ben Carson's opinion on the issues.  The Clinton's and Bush's of the world?  Whatever's politically expedient at the time.  

I agree.

It's refreshing and part of why I think he's doing so well in the polls early on.  People feel like they can relate to him and people feel like what he's telling is you what he actually believes.  Right or wrong.
Quote: 

Carson is book-smart and a medical genius, but his grasp of many other aspects of life seems to be far from educated. He's in completely over his head, and far out of line. A lot of the things he says are the sort of things that I'd expect to hear from a trailer park, not from a world-renowned brain surgeon and Presidential candidate.

He just doesn't care what people like you have to say about his opinions.  Believe me, he's smart enough to realize the PC Police will hang on his every word.  It doesn't take a neurosurgeon to realize that.  

I don't know what's uneducated about what he says, just because its unpopular with bleeding heart PC Police.  He's never claimed to be an expert on foreign politics and admits he's learning, but the media wants to play gotcha with him when it comes to it and religion.   I'm not religious, but I find it pretty vicious that so many would attack him because of his religious beliefs and are trying to basically force the man to denounce the bible and become an evolutionist.  The man is a devout Christian and the topic won't be dropped until the media debunks everything written in the bible in order to label him a looney and a fanatic.  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5