Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags have 10.1 % of winning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
According to ESPN we have a 10.1% shot at winning the AFC South.

How in the world do they come up with this stuff.
Also on NFL Live they said Hurns and Robinson are on pace to become only the second duo with 1200 yards receiving.

Cobb and Nelson in 2012.

Pretty cool stat.
Sounds like they just pull numbers out of thin air.

Quote:Sounds like they just pull numbers out of thin air.

If you look at the NFL Leaders according to their QBR stat it'll tell you all you need to know.
Sounds slightly high, actually.

9.3% chance of making the playoffs based on all scenarios.  That's not winning the division, that's making the playoffs period.  

We are a half a game out of 1st place, how do they get 10%?

One team is on there 40 year old back up QB, the other team is on there 3rd string QB 

We also have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL, doesnt sound like 10% to me

Honestly, those are a lot better odds than years past. Usually our season is effectively over by November.

It's ESPN. Surprised they gave us a any chance
It's ESPN just being ESPN..........

GO JAGS!!

Quote:According to ESPN we have a 10.1% shot at winning the AFC South.

Seems fair. Guys, you act like we shown that we can win consistently. We are not a very good football team. Until we show we can win more than one game a month, we will get respect.
10% is generous considering our coach.

Quote:We are a half a game out of 1st place, how do they get 10%?

One team is on there 40 year old back up QB, the other team is on there 3rd string QB 

We also have the easiest remaining schedule in the NFL, doesnt sound like 10% to me
We are a whole game out of first and the two teams in first currently hold the tiebreak.

There is a 91% chance that they are correct.

Quote:We are a whole game out of first and the two teams in first currently hold the tiebreak.
We are also the jaguars, so you have to take that into account and lower the expectations...... a lot.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if we do very well, a tie in the record with the clots would most likely give the clots the tiebreaker, so really, it is like we are out 2 games now; not just one.

4 teams in the division = 25% chance to win the division  :thumbsup:

You can refer to me as "Professor"

Quote:I don't see anything wrong with that. Even if we do very well, a tie in the record with the clots would most likely give the clots the tiebreaker, so really, it is like we are out 2 games now; not just one.

Agree. Current division records probably came into the figure (I'm assuming,, although it IS ESPN). Jags are already 0-2 with those losses being to the 2 teams ahead of them. Jags have to overcome that even if overall records are tied.

Jags need a win tonight. 0-3 division record is No Bueno!
but according to ESPN our percenetage for winning goes up to 90% if we had timmy tebow. :teehee: Lulz

Quote:According to ESPN we have a 10.1% shot at winning the AFC South.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-qbr-ever/
Pages: 1 2