Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith Interview on NFL Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's a natural
Gotta love Telvin.

As long as I get a good haircut, I think I'll be good.
He's always so happy.

And he is an emerging star. Smith can play.

I love Telvin. Great personality.
I don't get it. How can he even be considered as a "good" player and not be angry all the time? Aren't the good ones always mad?

Quote:I don't get it. How can he even be considered as a "good" player and not be angry all the time? Aren't the good ones always mad?
To add to that, how can he be considered as a "good" player if he was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars?  The MB GMs have told me that's not possible.
Who's ever said that good players have to be mad?
Quote:Who's ever said that good olayers have to be mad

Perhaps I merely inferred it from the derogatory ice cream / sprinkles posts. That may have been in error.

Regardless, I'm very happy that Telvin is on this roster and I hope he continues to do well, with or without anger.
Quote:Perhaps I merely inferred it from the derogatory ice cream / sprinkles posts. That may have been in error.

Regardless, I'm very happy that Telvin is on this roster and I hope he continues to do well, with or without anger.

I think the dairy products are aimed at Gus Bradley
Largest adam's apple ever.

I thought Telvin Smith was the Jaguars best all around/ complete Defensive player in last night's game against Tennessee.  Telvin Smith was the primary reason why the Jaguars Defense got off the field on the Tennessee drive  which led to Rashad Greene's game difference making punt return.   Smith probably won't go to the Pro Bowl because 4-3 OLBs are overlooked in the process and the Jags lack of overall National TV exposure.   But he looks like one of the best 4-3 based OLBs in the NFL.  

Quote:I thought Telvin Smith was the Jaguars best all around/ complete Defensive player in last night's game against Tennessee. Telvin Smith was the primary reason why the Jaguars Defense got off the field on the Tennessee drive  which led to Rashad Greene's game difference making punt return. Smith probably won't go to the Pro Bowl because 4-3 OLBs are overlooked in the process and the Jags lack of overall National TV exposure. But he looks like one of the best 4-3 based OLBs in the NFL.  

Voters don't overlook 4-3 OLBs. I remember years ago 3-4 formations were not even allowed in the Pro Bowl. Using that logic, Carolina's Thomas Davis has no chance of making it because the Panthers run a 4-3 defense. It is all about the team Telvin Smith plays for. Ask any average NFL fan who does not watch the Jaguars play to name five OLBs in the AFC and none of them will say Telvin Smith.

Number 50 was great last night. He sacked Marcus Mariota and tackled a few other guys IIRC. It is always fun to see him make plays.
Quote:Voters don't overlook 4-3 OLBs. I remember years ago 3-4 formations were not even allowed in the Pro Bowl. Using that logic, Carolina's Thomas Davis has no chance of making it because the Panthers run a 4-3 defense. It is all about the team Telvin Smith plays for. Ask any average NFL fan who does not watch the Jaguars play to name five OLBs in the AFC and none of them will say Telvin Smith.

Number 50 was great last night. He sacked Marcus Mariota and tackled a few other guys IIRC. It is always fun to see him make plays.

Please provide a list of 4-3 OLBs in the last 2 or 3 years that made the Pro Bowl and compare that to the amount of 3-4 OLBs that made the Pro Bowl.

Quote: Please provide a list of 4-3 OLBs in the last 2 or 3 years that made the Pro Bowl and compare that to the amount of 3-4 OLBs that made the Pro Bowl.

I don't track that, but I do know the 3-4 defense is very popular now so all of the best linebackers are in that formation.
Quote:I don't track that, but I do know the 3-4 defense is very popular now so all of the best linebackers are in that formation.

In the 2013 and 2014 seasons,  DeAndre Levy ( who only was healthy enough for 17 plays this season ) clearly played at a Pro Bowl level.  Yet, he was overlooked in the Pro Bowl process because he's a 4-3 OLB.   Like Levy,  Lavonte David earned a lucrative contract extension this summer.  These are just a couple of examples of high caliber 4-3 OLBs.   Yet,  because the position doesn't produce high sack totals unless the player is used as a DE in a large amount of expected passing situations,  the conventional 4-3 OLB is overlooked in the Pro Bowl selection process.

Thomas Davis might be an exception this season because the Panthers are 9-0 through this point in time and he overcame so much injury adversity. But it takes extraordinary circumstances to have an exception these days.

A haircut?  The dude's hair was about 1/8" long.

He leads the NFL in tackles with 97.
Quote:A haircut? The dude's hair was about 1/8" long.

Gotta get lined up.
Pages: 1 2