Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Week 11 Inactives
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So much has happened the past couple days this is getting tricky. Here goes...

JAGUARS INACTIVES

RB Bernard Pierce

TE Nic Jacobs

WR Bryan Walters

RB TJ Yeldon

C Luke Bowanko

DE Chris Smith

LB Hayes Pullard

The only guys for sure out are Pierce and Jacobs. They're both listed as doubtful, but I've never seen the team activate a doubtful player. With Marquis starting to get his feel under him and with Greene playing, I'm convinced they site Walters who has yet to pass the concussion protocol. We might even get a Nate Sterling sighting this week.

With TJ, foot injuries can be sensative and with it so soon after having just been injured on Sunday, Yeldon practiced limited in the walk through, but did not practice at all Monday or Tuesday. I'm guessing Yeldon sits with the team starting DRob this week. Behind him will be Gerhart and Banyard, both of whom were inactive the last couple weeks. DRob has a rare opportunity to showcase his stuff, and Gerhart gets an opportunity at some redemption.

Last week both Dan Skuta, with a groin, and Michael Bennett, with a hamstring, were game time decisions and ultimately did not play. This could happen again, but I'm thinking with time to rest their injuries on Sunday they'll both be able to go Thursday. This may have been part of the plan at least for Skuta, and Bennett is especially needed now that Sen'Derrick is on IR. This means we need three healthy scratches...

It's safe to say one healthy scratch will be either Bowanko or Shalley, and chances are it will be Bowanko for the third straight week. Next up we'll go with Chris Smith who seems to be in Gus' perennial dog house no matter how worthless Branch continues to be. For the final scratch, and with the assumption that Skuta is playing, I'll go with LB Hayes Pullard.

TITANS INACTIVES

WR Justin Hunter

WR Kendall Wright

CB Jason McCourty

CB Blidi Wreh-Wilson

DT Al Woods

C Quinton Spain

DT Mike Martin

Hunter, Wright, McCourty, Wreh-Wilson and Woods are all declared out. OLB Derrick Morgan is questionable for the game with a shoulder, but he practiced all week and I'm thinking will play. This leaves room for two healthy scratches...

I'm thinking the Titans sit one OL and one DL. I'll go with C Quinton Spain as the OL since he was inactive last week. The DL appears to be either DE Ropati Pitoitua or DT Mike Martin. I'll go with Martin as he's buried deeper on their depth chart.

Yeldon said he's playing ?

Looks like we're gonna get a great look at Greene with Walters being sidelined.
Quote:Yeldon said he's playing ?

When was that? And do you have the quote?

I know how careful teams can be with foot injuries, and it's suspicious that he didn't practice until the walk through.

I sure hope he does play, and if he does then Banyard might be inactive yet again instead.

Quote:Looks like we're gonna get a great look at Greene with Walters being sidelined.

And its going to be interesting. Im looking forward to seeing what Greene can do in the slot/possession game. 
Didn't Yeldon play with the foot injury Sunday? He should be fine.

Why would Bryan Walters sit out?

Quote:Didn't Yeldon play with the foot injury Sunday? He should be fine.

Why would Bryan Walters sit out?

Yeldon hurt his foot during the game. He might have played on it only because it sounds like he didn't say anything until Monday morning because he didn't want them taking him out. TJ surely wants to play, but this may be a doctor's decision.

Walters sustained a concussion, and the league is taking concussion very seriously especially with a class action suit by former players against the league pending. Walters practiced in a red no-contact jersey this past week, and he's not yet cleared the concussion protocol. Years ago the injury wasn't considered that big of a deal, but now it is.

The tacks are banged up. I'm not gonna say it's the most important game in years like BCC, but it's definitely a must-win in a game we definitely should win.
Quote:The tacks are banged up. I'm not gonna say it's the most important game in years like BCC, but it's definitely a must-win in a game we definitely should win.

I wouldn't worry about it. The outcome of this game won't determine neither Gus' fate nor our playoff chances. 
Quote:I wouldn't worry about it. The outcome of this game won't determine neither Gus' fate nor our playoff chances.

Maybe not determine, but it certainly is a considerable factor in both. Lose to the Titans and it will be hard for any Jaguars fan to forgive Gus, and he certainly doesn't need more fan discontentment. And as for the Playoffs, division record is a key tiebreaker for the division crown.

Quote:Yeldon hurt his foot during the game. He might have played on it only because it sounds like he didn't say anything until Monday morning because he didn't want them taking him out. TJ surely wants to play, but this may be a doctor's decision.

Walters sustained a concussion, and the league is taking concussion very seriously especially with a class action suit by former players against the league pending. Walters practiced in a red no-contact jersey this past week, and he's not yet cleared the concussion protocol. Years ago the injury wasn't considered that big of a deal, but now it is.

Four days usually is not enough time for players to clear CP, so the timing of Rashad Greene's return is good. Hopefully he only misses one game if that.
Quote:Four days usually is not enough time for players to clear CP, so the timing of Rashad Greene's return is good. Hopefully he only misses one game if that.
You obviously didn't see the hit he took.
@ryanohalloran: Yeldon active

Walters active

#Jaguars inactives:

Banyard

Pierce

marshall

Bowanko

Jacobs

Bennett

C. Smith
Quote:@ryanohalloran: Yeldon active

Walters active

#Jaguars inactives:

Banyard

Pierce

marshall

Bowanko

Jacobs

Bennett

C. Smith

Wow was I wrong. I got Pierce, Jacobs, Bowanko and C Smith, but missed on Banyard (who I thought would be active for Yeldon), Marshall (who would definitely be active if Walters wasn't) and Bennett. Bennett was a game time decision, so him missing is no shock. Marshall being inactive is a little shocking. I would think they'd go to Hayes Pullard missing the game before him.

Quote:Wow was I wrong. I got Pierce, Jacobs, Bowanko and C Smith, but missed on Banyard (who I thought would be active for Yeldon), Marshall (who would definitely be active if Walters wasn't) and Bennett. Bennett was a game time decision, so him missing is no shock. Marshall being inactive is a little shocking. I would think they'd go to Hayes Pullard missing the game before him.
With Greene and Walters being good to go, I can see why Marshall is inactive. Gerhart over Banyard though.