Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Roster moves, Marks & Sample to IR, Greene and Loston to Active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The team made several moves today.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...The club placed seventh-year defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks and rookie safety James Sample
<b></b>, the team’s fourth-round selection in the 2015 draft, on the reserve/injured list. With two open roster spots, the club activated rookie wide receiver Rashad Greene
<b></b><b> </b>from the reserve/injured-designated to return list and promoted second-year safety Craig Loston to the active roster from the team’s practice squad
..."

Good to have Greene back. Dont like seeing Loston on the active roster
sucks about Sample.  Wasted rookie year.

Quote:sucks about Sample.  Wasted rookie year.

Only the 2nd and 3rd rounder from this year's draft class is really contributing.  
What type of receiver is Greene? Lee, hurns, Walters etc.

Just wondering what is his natural depth on the roster and where he might shine.
I would say Greene is a quick slot WR, so not really like any of the other WR on the roster. 

Quote:What type of receiver is Greene? Lee, hurns, Walters etc.

Just wondering what is his natural depth on the roster and where he might shine.
He is similar to Walters, slot guy good route runner, and PR 

Lee is a different type of slot guy, more of a speed game breaker from the slot
Quote:What type of receiver is Greene? Lee, hurns, Walters etc.

the way i see it and using madden terms

AROB - vertical threat, boundary, 3rd down

Hurns - Route Runner

Lee - Speed

Walters - Possession

Greene - Shifty slot 

Hurns & AROB do a little of everything though which is what makes them good the defense can't just sit on the same routes all day
Quote:sucks about Sample.  Wasted rookie year.

I was thinking the same, Other than Fowler he was the one I was most interested in seeing play.
Quote:What type of receiver is Greene? Lee, Hurns, Walters etc.

He returned punts, so I would say none of them. I think he is good for depth but has no chance of beating Bryan Walters for the starting job.

No chance of beating Walters?? Lesbehonest.........I like Walters a lot but Greene has far more upside. He certainty could beat out Walters.
Sample's done for the year? 0-16.

Quote:Sample's done for the year? 0-16.

Where were you when we won three games?
With Hurns banged up, it'll be nice to have Greene back out there. Green caught a case of the dropsies before he injured his hand, but I think he can be a reliable punt returner and third down receiver for us. No more Nick Marshall at PR.

Loston... eh... not so much.
Quote:With Hurns banged up, it'll be nice to have Greene back out there. Green caught a case of the dropsies before he injured his hand, but I think he can be a reliable punt returner and third down receiver for us. No more Nick Marshall at PR.

I second this.
Sample going from game-time decision to IR? That really sucks. 

Quote:With Hurns banged up, it'll be nice to have Greene back out there. Greene caught a case of the dropsies before he injured his hand, but I think he can be a reliable punt returner and third down receiver for us. No more Nick Marshall at PR.

I am not worried about Hurns at all. Look at what he did with a sports hernia, foot sprain, and arm problem on the same day. He is one tough dude. Also, didn't someone say Greene is a slot receiver?

I am looking forward to seeing Greene back there on punt returns. He was much better at that than Marshall.
Quote:Sample going from game-time decision to IR? That really sucks. 

That's what I was thinking. Sample was supposedly on the verge of being able to play, and now he's done for the year? What in the world happened there?

Sad to hear that sample is now on IR that seems a bit out of the blue....
Quote:The team made several moves today.

<p style="margin-left:40px;">"...The club placed seventh-year defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks and rookie safety James Sample
, the team’s fourth-round selection in the 2015 draft, on the reserve/injured list. With two open roster spots, the club activated rookie wide receiver Rashad Greene
<b> </b>from the reserve/injured-designated to return list and promoted second-year safety Craig Loston to the active roster from the team’s practice squad
..."

Losing DT Marks yet again is huge... he was finally getting a bit of a pass rush up the middle & helping big time against the run...

gaining Greene... eh.. not really a huge deal.... not sure with Sample... either
Pages: 1 2