Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Past the halfway mark of the season, things are getting a little more interesting in the division.  While the mediocre at best records that permeate the division leave the teams open to ridicule from fans and media nationwide, the fact is, all of the teams have a shot at winning it and thus making the playoffs in this mid to late November time.  For teams like Jacksonville and Tennessee who have not had success in many years, it's good to have a veneer of relevance after October.  For Indy, Luck's absence, which estimates for his return range as long a 6 weeks, provides a test to the charge that they aren't much without Luck.  For Houston, can they finally overtake the Colts?

My picks:

Tacks (2-7)
at Jacksonville (3-6)
-Our beloved Jaguars are looking to build more momentum after a long, grueling road stretch.  They have won two of the last three, and were in a position to beat the Jets before late turnovers doomed them.  The loathsome and detestable tacks are still angry after the loss to Carolina, which featured Cam Newton dancing after a TD and the tacks getting butthurt about it.  Cam was right.  You don't want him dancing, keep him out of the end zone.  If the Jaguars can block the loathsome and detestable tack front seven, which has produced 27 sacks thus far, Jaguars receivers should be dancing against a depleted loathsome and detestable Tack secondary that's down to three healthy CBs.  I know in the past, the Jaguars have not fared well against depleted opponents, but I think, especially on a short week, the Jaguars can capitalize on the loathsome and detestable Tack injuries.  Jaguars 24, the loathsome and detestable tacks 17.

N.Y. Jets (5-4)
at Houston (4-5)
-Houston is coming off of a big win on the road Monday night against previously unbeaten Cincinnati.  Their defense slowed and throttled one of the leagues prominent offenses in Cincy, and they go up against a Jets offense not quite as formidable.  There are whispers that the Jets corners, once the envy of the league, are finished.  Not a surprise to hear that about Cromartie, but it IS something of a shock to hear it about Revis.  But if you look at the past two weeks, Allen Robinson and Sammy Watkins have had success against him.  I don't think Hoyer is as good as Bortles or even Tyrod Taylor, but sadly I think Houston keeps it going another week because of Watt.  Houston 23, NY Jets 16.

Indy (4-5)
at Atlanta (6-3)
-Indy minus Andrew Luck will go down to Atlanta to face a struggling Falcons team.  While Indy is 2-0 without Luck this year, both wins came against fellow mediocre AFC South opponents, and they should have lost to Jacksonville.  I don't think they have the firepower to stay with Atlanta.  Atlanta wins 28-20.

Last week:  2-1

Overall:  18-13 

Jags over Titans

Jets over Houston

Where the Colts at?
Quote:Jags over Titans

Jets over Houston

Where the Colts at?
Thanks for the catch.  I thought they had the bye.  Editing original post now.
14-17 overall. 

lets see this weeks picks for me are as follews. 

Falcons over colts

Texans over Jets

Jags over tittians

1-2 last week

15-12 overall

Titans over Jags

Jets over Texans

Falcons over Colts
Tennessee @ Jacksonville: There is really nothing I like about that team. The colors, the logo, the fact that they have a racoon as a mascot (a freakin' racoon! Literally!), the fact that they are named after a bunch of incestuous baby eaters, none of it! But that's besides the point. I'll try and look at this without bias or prejudice. Tennessee is facing a short week with several key spots depleted of talent. Cornerbacks Wreh-Wilson and Cox are both dealing with hamstring issues, Justin Hunter is almost certainly done for the season if he hasn't been placed on IR already, and Kendall Wright has been battling an MCL issue with his knee for a while now.

While the back end of that Defense is hurting, the front seven most certainly are not. They sport some real talent and it's going to take the entire Offensive Line plus a little help in order to get the Offensive Skill positions the time and space that they need to operate. That being said, I think they do just that. While Mariota is very good in the short game, I feel like those are the passes that are a bit easier to jump and to disguise said jumping. That's going to be tough for Tennessee to figure out on a short week. I think Jacksonville wins this one, but it'll be close.

New York (Jets) @ Houston: I just can't give a lot of credit to Houston for that win on Monday night. Not that they aren't a very talented team, but there were 15 punts in that game! Just uninspired all around. I also feel that neither Hoyer nor Yates is ready for the NYJ Defensive Front; while Nuke Hopkins is going to have a field day on the back end, I think the pressure up front gets to the QB and keeps the Offense down. NYJ wins this one, but it'll be an ugly game.

Indianapolis @ Atlanta: Just what is it with this Atlanta squad? Are they simply inspired now but woefully under-talented? Are they scheme-superior with glaring holes? Are they a team that expects to win or one that is trying not to lose? Still, they are home and Indianapolis comes in with this trash fire they call an organization without their star QB. If this one goes south early for Indy, say Julio Jones gets two long TDs, will Indy crack or do they have what it takes to work through the adversity? Atlanta wins this one.

Last week: 2 - 1

Overall: 18 - 13

Last week 1-2

Overall 18-13

This week's picks:

Jags

Falcons

Texans
Jags, jets, and falcons.
This is a tricky week because any of the 3 games can go either way.  I'll pick the home teams to win.  Jaguars, Texans, Falcons.

Last week 2-1

Overall 16-15

Titans, Jets, Falcons

Quote:Thanks for the catch. I thought they had the bye.

They just had their bye in Week 10. But Andrew Suck gets another week off.

This is the early game I will watch Sunday. The Falcons will win.
Quote:They just had their bye in Week 10. But Andrew Suck gets another week off.

This is the early game I will watch Sunday. The Falcons will win.

I picked the Falcons. But, you truly never know. The Falcons have not looked very good recently (they lost to Tampa and 49ers,, and looked bad against Tenn).

No one thought the Colts would beat the Broncos.

No one thought the Texans would beat the Bengals.

No one thought the Lions would beat the Packers.

And the list could go on...

I wouldn't be "shocked" if the Colts win. But I certainly hope they don't!
Quote:I picked the Falcons. But, you truly never know. The Falcons have not looked very good recently (they lost to Tampa and 49ers,, and looked bad against Tenn).

No one thought the Colts would beat the Broncos.

No one thought the Texans would beat the Bengals.

No one thought the Lions would beat the Packers.

And the list could go on...

I wouldn't be "shocked" if the Colts win. But I certainly hope they don't!

This is why we always say, "Any given Sunday," although sometimes that means Monday. The Falcons also lost to the Saints, who normally are terrible on defense. This is a team many people expected to battle for the division lead with Carolina. I don't know what to think of them anymore.

We all know what the Colts are: overrated. It is ridiculous how many people think they are bad because Andrew Suck has been injured. Matt Hasselbeck is playing better this year. I agree with MJD on Indy being the shakiest division leader.
1-2 last week.

16-15 overall.

Jags over Titans

Jets over Texans

Colts over Falcons (If Gabbert can beat them, certainly Hasselbeck can, right?)

Quote:1-2 last week.

16-15 overall.

Jags over Titans

Jets over Texans

Colts over Falcons (If Gabbert can beat them, certainly Hasselbeck can, right?)

We need to mark this down.  CW actually picks the Jags to win (although the homer thinks that the Colts will win too).
Quote:We need to mark this down.  CW actually picks the Jags to win (although the homer thinks that the Colts will win too).

I picked the Jags to beat the Texans a few weeks ago...

How did that work out?

Jags don't usually win, thus I don't pick them often. Hurts to hear, but it's true.

Jags

texans

Falcons

If the colts game were at indy I'd take them, I don't believe the falcons are a good team.

Quote:I picked the Jags to beat the Texans a few weeks ago...

How did that work out?

Jags don't usually win, thus I don't pick them often. Hurts to hear, but it's true.

Could say that about all AFC South teams.
Quote:Could say that about all AFC South teams.

No, you can't.

Colts are 37-20 since 2012.

Texans are 27-30 since 2012.

Titans are 17-40 since 2012.

Jags are 12-45 since 2012.

One is not like the others....
Quote:No, you can't.

Colts are 37-20 since 2012.

Texans are 27-30 since 2012.

Titans are 17-40 since 2012.

Jags are 12-45 since 2012.

One is not like the others....

The year 2012 is irrelevant now. The Jaguars had Mike Mularkey, Gene Smith, and very little talent. This is the year they started to look competitive on the field. I hate it when people lump 2015 with earlier years when Jacksonville was terrible at most positions on offense because of the stupid GM.

You also should not throw together a playoff season with 2015, which has seen a change at OC and injuries at QB.  Admit it, this is not the same Colts team that won a division title when #12 was a rookie.
Pages: 1 2 3