Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Two AirFrance Flights headed to Paris are being diverted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Possible bomb threats, one is being diverted to Salt Lake City (reported by CNN)

could be nothing but it could be a series of attacks that may have been thwarted.

This is really starting to get scary.. especially living over here!

[Image: 18liveblog-paris-match-tmagArticle.jpg]

In England they are allowed to monitor everything so you are probably safer than if you live in the USA

Quote:[Image: 18liveblog-paris-match-tmagArticle.jpg]

In England they are allowed to monitor everything so you are probably safer than if you live in the USA

Our intel is apparently good, but it still makes you worry..
Our intelligence was learned from the british (since being colonist).

Quote:In England they are allowed to monitor everything so you are probably safer than if you live in the USA
No, it just means that the government can intrude into every aspect of your daily life under the guise of "national security" without any repercussions.

The only thing I fear more than ISIS is a United States government that has total control over my life, and England's government isn't too far off from that. You're no safer in England than you are in America, you're just conditioned to believe that you are, and that the government is a benevolent force with your best interests at heart.
Quote:No, it just means that the government can intrude into every aspect of your daily life under the guise of "national security" without any repercussions.

The only thing I fear more than ISIS is a United States government that has total control over my life, and England's government isn't too far off from that. You're no safer in England than you are in America, you're just conditioned to believe that you are, and that the government is a benevolent force with your best interests at heart.

Slow Clap

simply the greatest post ever on this board on any topic.

You sir complete me........
Quote:Slow Clap

simply the greatest post ever on this board on any topic.

You sir complete me........
Does this finally seal the deal on the last couple of seats in the bunker?

BTW, did you see that higher-ups at the FBI and in various legislative bodies are trying to pressure Apple and Google into allowing law enforcement to unlock cell phones by force? That's the silent tragedy of terrorism. It allows governing bodies and thought--errrrr--law enforcement to use big words like "terrorism" and "national security" so they can crap all over a new right this time.
Quote:Does this finally seal the deal on the last couple of seats in the bunker?

BTW, did you see that higher-ups at the FBI and in various legislative bodies are trying to pressure Apple and Google into allowing law enforcement to unlock cell phones by force? That's the silent tragedy of terrorism. It allows governing bodies and thought--errrrr--law enforcement to use big words like "terrorism" and "national security" so they can crap all over a new right this time.

oh yea, within hours of the Paris attacks I was listening to the radio and they live-streamed some major outlet in Paris (not sure why it was in English possibly translating along the way?) and every single caller was claiming France needed legislation like the American Patriot Act so they could protect themselves. 
Quote:No, it just means that the government can intrude into every aspect of your daily life under the guise of "national security" without any repercussions.

You gotta admit, those British cop shows are cool when they can track everyone in the country by cameras.