Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could our defense stop our offense?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If the Jags played a legitimate game if our offense vs our defense who wins?

I think our offense would get the better of the defense. As bad as our OL has been, we still wouldn't pressure Blake too much.

The defense has been showing up better since the bye though. Bad calls led to more points for the Jets and 3 defensive turnovers against Baltimore is big. Hopefully it continues.
Our defense is designed to stop our type of offense. Our offense excels at getting the ball downfield. And our defense is by design to stop the deep ball and force you to go underneath. Problem is the offense hasn't developed enough to rely on the short game
Oh man... our offense would destroy our defense.

Quote:Oh man... our offense would destroy our defense.
^ This
Quote:Oh man... our offense would destroy our defense.

That's what I'm thinking too. Add a pass rush and it might be a different story though
Quote:That's what I'm thinking too. Add a pass rush and it might be a different story though

Add a productive TE and the story changes right back to the original.
My worry is if the Jag's offense gets stopped by the Jag's defense, does the Jag's special teams have to make a field goal?

Should Myers miss the kick, is the Jaguars KO coverage unit going to be able to stop Marshall from scoring a KO return TD?

Wait a sec...

Does this mean Marshall is on the offensive team?

Not sure the Jag's defense could stop the Gator's offense.
Nope
Quote:Should Myers miss the kick, is the Jaguars KO coverage unit going to be able to stop Marshall from scoring a KO return TD?

I think it's more likely Marshall muffs the kick send it out the back of the end zone and the special team offense gets a safety!

Wait a sec...

Does this mean Marshall is on the offensive team?
Our defense really wouldn't need to 'stop' our offense since our offense is really it's own worst nemesis.

Right now, it's usually our offense that stops themselves.

Quote:Not sure the Jag's defense could stop the Gator's offense.
The Gators offense does a good enough job stopping itself...
Our defense probably wouldn't stop Manatee High School's offense.

The Jaguars defense couldn't stop my grandma from running up the middle.

Quote:The Jaguars defense couldn't stop my grandma from running up the middle.

O rly?
Quote:The Jaguars defense couldn't stop my grandma from running up the middle.
Your knowledge of the team is astounding.